Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Good article about Warren philosophy, which I very much subscribe, just say no to everything so you can focus on a few things you know very well.  This is why I never branched out into many other countries as all world coin dealers do.  Northbay is the same way, US and China only, no need to expand just for the sake of expanding, even though many other countries are red hot while US and China are cold. 

https://www.inc.com/marcel-schwantes/warren-buffett-says-this-is-1-simple-habit-that-separates-successful-people-from-everyone-else.html 
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: WOW of the day
« Last post by pandamonium on Today at 07:56:02 AM »
1897 $1  SP 53  Fengtien dragon     $1,000,000                   Ebay 361747511239....63 watchers...

Not AU 3000.      Seller has other high priced Chinese.     First $1 million Chinese coin i have seen on ebay.     Can you imagine ebay bucks?      Any comments on this coin or seller being legit?......

Zero Hedge   "Largest Ponzi scheme in China's history"...........    Could this finally convince some of the Chinese to invest in real physical and not paper instruments?.....
The FDC with coin could not be released during the Expo, but after the Expo. Usually, the mintage of FDC with coin is 5,000-10,000. It takes time to prepare the package. The coin is sealed on a long hard plastic sheet (the same size as envelop) and placed in envelop. China National Philatelic Corporation obtains the postal seal at the first day of Expo and make the package later.

Thanks., that adds something to check on. It is already four months since the show ended, so if there will be an FDC the packaging is making haste slowly. At this point I will save some other things for another day.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
The FDC with coin could not be released during the Expo, but after the Expo. Usually, the mintage of FDC with coin is 5,000-10,000. It takes time to prepare the package. The coin is sealed on a long hard plastic sheet (the same size as envelop) and placed in envelop. China National Philatelic Corporation obtains the postal seal at the first day of Expo and make the package later.
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on Yesterday at 08:27:23 PM »
論壇首發…1922湖南省憲成立紀念壹圓…..真假對照
1.   此幣種已評级入盒的沒有真幣.
2.   沒有三分顏色..也敢開啟染坊……….真丟臉….
This coin was issued in commemorating the International Collection Expo, especially for stamp collection. Therefore, "China National Philatelic Corporation" receives the majority of mintage for distribution. This is no different from coin issued in commemorating the anniversary of bank or any institution. In those cases, bank or institution will receive the majority of mintage for distribution to its employees and customers.

The actual mintage is 50,000 and being distributed as giving in the following link.

http://www.jibi.net/news/YGGCHMD/95628815.html

I will not be surprised if this coin ended in FDC issued by China National Philatelic Corporation in the future, similar to 1995 Beijing Stamp and Coin Expo and 1999 22nd Congress of Postal Union.

If there is a FDC I will gladly buy one, but I will be surprised if one is issued in 2018 that contains a 2017 coin. I thought the examples you give were issued at the events, not afterward? There were some special commemorative stamps released at the show. An album of them is in the photo that goes with my NGC article.

The theme for China Pricepedia is, "the World’s Most Exciting Coins." That is as true as ever. Stay tuned.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: SELLING 11 gold (and 2 silver) pandas MCC
« Last post by KeyDate1/2ozPandas on Yesterday at 05:34:32 PM »
Congratulations on almost a complete sell out.  Hope to still see you at Long Beach Feb 22. 

Arif
This coin was issued in commemorating the International Collection Expo, especially for stamp collection. Therefore, "China National Philatelic Corporation" receives the majority of mintage for distribution. This is no different from coin issued in commemorating the anniversary of bank or any institution. In those cases, bank or institution will receive the majority of mintage for distribution to its employees and customers.

The actual mintage is 50,000 and being distributed as giving in the following link.

http://www.jibi.net/news/YGGCHMD/95628815.html

I will not be surprised if this coin ended in FDC issued by China National Philatelic Corporation in the future, similar to 1995 Beijing Stamp and Coin Expo and 1999 22nd Congress of Postal Union.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: SELLING 11 gold (and 2 silver) pandas MCC
« Last post by mazinger7000 on Yesterday at 02:54:50 PM »
sold everything that was left on ebay. the 1995 silver proof sold for $568 but the buyer never paid. i'll offer it here one last time for $500 if anyone wants it via paypal ideally friends and family. thanks- alex

1995 S10Y NGC PF69 UC    $500
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: 1980 China Olympics coins
« Last post by ccl on Yesterday at 02:27:08 PM »
yes, hard to find
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10