Author Topic: Olympics and China  (Read 1955 times)

Offline exchange

• Trade Count: (0)
Olympics and China
« on: July 30, 2012, 08:10:22 AM »
Something I have noticed, a trend that I have seen before.
Prior to the start of the Olympics, I told some people watch out for China, offcourse I was ridiculed, as usual when I talk about China's bright future. What prompt me to say that is something we have all seen before. The rivalry between the USA and the USSR is happening again, take the USSR and replace it with China.

IMO, the Olympics may be a good indication in the rise of a country and culture. For as longs I can
remember growing up, the top two countries in medals when the Olympics came around were the USA and the
USSR. Back then the USA were the creditors of the world and with the most money while the USSR were just
staying a float economically and still managed to perform well in the Olympics util they collapsed. I guess
the same thing can be said when you had East and West Germany.

It is not a coincedence, now that China are the creditors of the world, they are dominating the Olympics
and with all the money they have, they can afford to train any where in the world at what ever the cost for
generations to come and add to that fact 1.5 billion people and increasing, they will be a force we have
never seen before.

Look at China's progress for the Summmer Olympics in the last 28 years.
http://www.databaseolympics.com/

exchange
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 08:20:14 AM by exchange »

Offline exchange

Re: Olympics and China
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2012, 10:26:44 AM »

Look at China's progress for the Summmer Olympics in the last 28 years.
http://www.databaseolympics.com/

exchange

Also wanted to add the above chart may be comparable to China's economic growth. Looks like there is a correlation between the two. Same trend for the Winter Olympics?
Another reason to add to the list of why we buy CMC.

exchange
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 10:41:38 AM by exchange »

Offline aragog

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2012, 12:10:57 PM »
Amazing results by PRC.
I also notice that from a list of 30 countries I cannot find Germany, what happend to them?

Offline exchange

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2012, 01:02:45 PM »
Amazing results by PRC.
I also notice that from a list of 30 countries I cannot find Germany, what happend to them?

Germany is there, altough since 2000, they havent really been doing well in the Summer Olympics as in previous years.
The EURO? mmmm

exchange
« Last Edit: July 30, 2012, 01:12:52 PM by exchange »