Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
During bear markets strong hands buy invisibly and put coins away, the only challenge is the volume is low.  Strongs hands don't care if prices are down next month because they are in it for the long game.  There will come a day when prices will rise again and rise rapidly because market will be controlled by the strongest players, whether that happens in month, year or years nobody knows.
Bullion coins will definitely take a hit, 2019 could be key date year due to tariff and multi year low demand for bullion.  The show medals should be fine, considering most importers will declare just the bullion value of the coins, so 1oz silver medal will be $1.60 more expensive to import, not a big deal.
At about 5PM PST it was announced 10% tariff is applied to Chinese goods.     How does this work?    If anyone buys today they pay the 10% or is the dealer charged?    Is it applied at the post office?    If a package is in the mail does it get taxed in the US?   Any one know?.....

Packages with values of less than $2,500 may escape the tariff. Above $2,500 it can cost not only the tariff but also the cost of customs clearance. A new China Pricepedia is about to be sent out that discusses this.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Bullionstar.com  "Chinese gold panda coins now trading on the Shanghai gold exchange (SGE).  by Ronan Manly

This article gives more details to mook's post and the possiblity of a gold panda ETF....      looks like more demand to me...
At about 5PM PST it was announced 10% tariff is applied to Chinese goods.     How does this work?    If anyone buys today they pay the 10% or is the dealer charged?    Is it applied at the post office?    If a package is in the mail does it get taxed in the US?   Any one know?.....
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Is now a good time to buy key coins???
« Last post by 1668Chris on Yesterday at 04:17:31 PM »
Interestingly I offered Xuhong current price for a coin and the response was he would rather not sell at that price and would hold for better market.  I have seen this response before from him. 
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Is now a good time to buy key coins???
« Last post by r3globe on Yesterday at 03:33:09 PM »
Theoretically, if those key gold pandas were a commodity that is easily available for purchase (vs buying them across borders), I believe the answer is NO. They will go lower in price than we ever thought possible. The economic carnage has just started in developing markets and that will bring down everything priced against the dollar.

However, with their seemingly limited availability, I think it is always an opportune time to pick up the key coins from motivated sellers. It will take a lot of time and lots of patience. The upper hand now is for buyers with US dollars.
Modern Chinese Coins / Is now a good time to buy key coins???
« Last post by 1668Chris on Yesterday at 03:09:06 PM »
After reading a post by Arif stating we are in a bear market...I began to wonder about current pricing and is now the time to start loading up on key coins? 

I just checked YJZX and two recent sales of 1998 1/2 large dates in MS69 sold for 42,000 yuan and 44,000 yuan or about $6500 at current f/x rates.  This seems pretty reasonable from a historical perspective as I cannot recall when the last time these coins were this cheap.  1995 seems like a good candidate as well but it must be at the right price.  Not sure about semi-key i.e., 1994 or 1996. 

The problem is short of trying to buy on YJZX almost all sellers on ebay won't let their coins go for that price...regardless of how much you try and convince them how overpriced they are. 

Anyone have any thoughts.
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Please help with pricing
« Last post by bender9876 on September 16, 2018, 05:54:45 PM »
Thank you
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Please help with pricing
« Last post by KeyDate1/2ozPandas on September 16, 2018, 05:49:32 PM »
Ebay has several transactions for 2000 1/10, it sells for around $200 on ebay, which means you will net $170-$180 after fees and shipping.  If you sold it here and can net $180-$190 it is win for both parties.

The overall theme is we are in bear market, prices keep trending lower, if you are in a rush to sell then price at low end of range, if you got months to sell then price at higher end with plans to go below the low end in few months if it doesn't sell.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10