Author Topic: test  (Read 110358 times)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: test
« Reply #120 on: January 21, 2016, 09:04:07 AM »
Numismatics is very interesting indeed. What makes a coin light up while another fizzles? Does the initial hullabaloo continue or the enthusiasm dry up further down the road? Difficult to say. Just as it would have been impossible to predict years ago the circumstances that led to recent valuations of key members of the 1995 set. We just have to continue reading the tea leaves. I think that is where the excitement comes from! :blink:
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #121 on: January 22, 2016, 09:04:01 AM »
I will not waste my hard earned dollars paying 2x melt for a coin that is newly minted in the hundreds of thousands. I suggest you all rethink why it may be a "good buy." I cannot find a reason.

Mirk ,I said the same exact thing to myself 20 times before i bought some:)
1) I have had folks I know in china check 2 different regions of the country trying to buy these little bears the only way to get them is buy the 5 coin set
2) more importantly a dealer who I have done a ton of business with in Shanghai told me this: When the 2016 gold panda,s where released the mint allocated dealers these 1G coins based upon past ordering pattern .He got over 4000 he sold them in his retail location for 500rmb to 650rmb  all gone in a few days  and when he went to re order none available ,understanding the Chinese  they love gold and never sell it unless they need the money to eat:)  they buy gold for protection against there own currency,also this little bear is the perfect New years gift ....Every kid in china gets a red envelope with a gift all relatives travel from house to house giving kids gifts and alot of those gifts are gold.
4) not 1 bullion dealer including all the majors has stock even Panda america???
5) I Never buy anything because someone else buys it or follow hype ,but at the very least you need to a acknowledge WG buying them:) to amass the collection he has ,you would tend to think he has pretty good insight and information and to sell 95 panda,s to buy these?it looks like taking profit and reinvesting to me??????
6) lastly I like gold and think it is super low and I am working under the theory of buy,hold and forget about it:)

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #122 on: January 22, 2016, 02:48:03 PM »
Apparently I can get as many one gram gold pandas as I want. If anybody has an intense need for this coin, or just wants to get their hands on a few more, send me a message.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #123 on: January 22, 2016, 05:55:59 PM »
Mirk ,I said the same exact thing to myself 20 times before i bought some:)
1) I have had folks I know in china check 2 different regions of the country trying to buy these little bears the only way to get them is buy the 5 coin set
2) more importantly a dealer who I have done a ton of business with in Shanghai told me this: When the 2016 gold panda,s where released the mint allocated dealers these 1G coins based upon past ordering pattern .He got over 4000 he sold them in his retail location for 500rmb to 650rmb  all gone in a few days  and when he went to re order none available ,understanding the Chinese  they love gold and never sell it unless they need the money to eat:)  they buy gold for protection against there own currency,also this little bear is the perfect New years gift ....Every kid in china gets a red envelope with a gift all relatives travel from house to house giving kids gifts and alot of those gifts are gold.
4) not 1 bullion dealer including all the majors has stock even Panda america???
5) I Never buy anything because someone else buys it or follow hype ,but at the very least you need to a acknowledge WG buying them:) to amass the collection he has ,you would tend to think he has pretty good insight and information and to sell 95 panda,s to buy these?it looks like taking profit and reinvesting to me??????
6) lastly I like gold and think it is super low and I am working under the theory of buy,hold and forget about it:)

Further to my comments above and in support of your sentiments I have to say that my decisions about what to buy and not to buy are weighted by a heavy dose of humility based on historical precedents. There was a time in the distant past you couldn't get people to purchase panda coins due to prevailing views on the viability of the program and politics. This led to the "great melt". Even without that melting most of the early release coins and medals would have still appreciated to multiples of their original value, as is the situation now. People who bought then and in multiples must be real happy now.

Yes, their mintage was relatively low in earlier years compared to current mintages. So rarity will not be immediately in front as a prime determinant of the viability of current mintages as investment vehicles. Or, am I right? It was only in recent years that the Chinese government opened up the MCC market to domestic involvement. So the current mintages will have to satisfy the needs of the large domestic market as well as oversea needs.

I am in no way at all asking anyone to buy the 1g or other denominations as investments. Absolutely not. I believe sentiments we have heard all around regarding these and other MCC is just what it is; forum members sharing with others their thoughts, plans and actions as part of the continuing fellowship.

I have already bought most of my 2016 annual Panda gold and silver coin needs with respect to my collection and those of selected beneficiaries. With some "discretionary" funds remaining I wondered if to buy more trays of the silver coins (with the ever present threats of white spot development) or look into buying sheets of the 1g and/or the 3g gold coins. What I have been hearing and reading suggests that my beneficiaries will light some extra candles for me in 20 or more years' time if I put away a few sheets of "something" for them, now and every year, while I can. The question remaining regards the most I should pay for such or similar coin configurations?

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #124 on: January 22, 2016, 07:11:38 PM »

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #125 on: January 22, 2016, 07:17:03 PM »
Oh by the way full disclosure I have zero for sale bought 2 sheets to tuck away and furnished a few for another member for cost  keep in mind and I'm not implying that this coin has any kind of investment potential my opinion it is the working man's panda first year of issue affordable to the middle class so who knows I like gold anyway  these are two totally different scenarios but if I told someone 18 months ago a 19951/2 ounce panda  was going to sell for 18 K you would've called me a lunatic so who knows

Offline jc888888888

• Supporter
« Reply #126 on: January 22, 2016, 07:54:04 PM »
I would love to hear from WG on his rational on buying a stack of these little bears:)   WG ?

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #127 on: January 23, 2016, 02:00:06 PM »
Ordered some sheets of the 1g coin. Most likely will put away for a long time.

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #128 on: January 23, 2016, 05:45:35 PM »
Took the plunge and bought me a sheet of 1 g for the heck/novelty of it.  It was prompted from a 1-day eBay 8% off discount coupon.

This one will most likely be in the vault for the next many moons.

Offline mowi

• Supporter
« Reply #129 on: January 24, 2016, 03:31:11 PM »
I also took the plunge, called around some dealers and could buy 7 sheets and a few extra baby bears until the stocks ran out.
The first have arrived. Cute bears and a few will go as HongBao's to family and friends!

Offline jleary

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+6)
« Reply #130 on: January 24, 2016, 06:58:06 PM »
Took the plunge and bought me a sheet of 1 g for the heck/novelty of it.  It was prompted from a 1-day eBay 8% off discount coupon.

This one will most likely be in the vault for the next many moons.

I took the plunge on ebay too with a coupon and purchased a sheet.

Maybe in 20 yrs or so it may pay off  :thumbup:

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #131 on: January 31, 2016, 11:48:46 AM »

..... if you ever hear their price droop to 45Euro.

excuse me ...
 maybe this happens if the pog hits the ground @ 650 dollar   :lol:

regards

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #132 on: January 31, 2016, 01:39:11 PM »
excuse me ...
 maybe this happens if the pog hits the ground @ 650 dollar   :lol:

regards

Where are you getting this stuff from?  :blink:

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #133 on: January 31, 2016, 01:46:22 PM »
... that question is definetely NOT NEW  :001_tt2: :w00t: N66 :lol:

Greetings,
wittu  N48

Offline wittu

• Supporter
« Reply #134 on: January 31, 2016, 02:32:55 PM »
...and it`s not "just": where is it from? 
It´s more like: he`s got the nuts and the money to do so...

wittu  N48