Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Buy, Sell & Trade / Selling Various MCC
« Last post by Vredaren on Yesterday at 07:22:01 PM »
Hello everyone,

Looking to sell a few items to free up some capital for a bigger purchase.

Gold
Panda           1/20   1998   Small Date   5 Yuan   MS69
Panda          1/20   1998   Large Date   5 Yuan   MS70
Panda          1/20   1999   L Date Plain 1   5 Yuan   MS69
Panda           1/10   1999   Small Date   10 Yuan   MS69
Panda           1/10   2000   Frosted Ring   10 Yuan   MS69
Vault Protector   1/10   1985   Bao Yuan           Medal   PF 68 Ultra Cameo

Silver
Panda   2 oz   1991   Piedfort   10 Yuan   PF 69 Ultra Cameo
Panda   1 oz   1994   Proof    10 Yuan   PF 69 Ultra Cameo

Lunar                
Rabbit   15gm   1987      10 Yuan   PF 68 Ultra Cameo
Pig           1 oz           1995    Piedfort   10 Yuan   PF 68 Ultra Cameo

Will update the post tomorrow with some more offerings and potentially prices, but Peter's Pricepedia seems pretty up to date with the prices :)
Payment through PayPal F/F or +3.5%, shipping is free.

Best regards
The US is one of the few countries that have abundant water, food, housing, weapons, commodities, land, and freedom.  People give up decades of their lives to achieve citizenship in the US.  USD will be king of all currencies for decades to come.
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: What's a original pagoda set worth
« Last post by pandamonium on August 10, 2022, 06:33:29 PM »
This topic has great info on the 1984 silver pagodas.  Worth looking at the 47 pages of posts again.

I am still looking for the rarest silver pagodas.   NGC pop photos....
Songyue   148 total   (2) PF 70s     rarest?
Zhenjue    151 total        PF 69 top pop
Yingxian    148 total        PF 69 top pop
Kaiyuan     153 total        PF 69 top pop

Photos of Zhenjue PF 65 w/ rim damage.  It has been conserved/regraded to PF 69.   Is rim damage a error?...

SANDAC's connected top line to 3rd pagoda could be real silver or plate?  We have several new equipment that can test for silver or plate and coin shops own those tools.  Here are 3 of them...XHF gun, Acoustic Velocity Tester & Electric Conductivity Measurement.....

These are the rarest silver pagodas that i know of......

General Discussion / Re: 1984 Silver Pagodas are a rare official mint medal.
« Last post by pandamonium on August 10, 2022, 04:14:11 PM »
Member says PF 64 is silver plate.   The Songyue has bump too as evidence of silver plate.

SANDAC posted years ago about a silver pagoda Kaiyuan he had w/ no gap in top line to 3rd pagoda like the silver plate.  If i remember correctly it was real silver.   I wonder if it is still considered silver or plate.   Could not find the past posts and photos about it.....
China Imperial & Republic / 1905 China 10 Cash doubled die
« Last post by Zzyzzyth on August 10, 2022, 11:32:21 AM »
Hello everyone!

I have scoured the internet trying to find out anything I can on this coin and I can't find another example of it anywhere

I ultimately ended up sending it in to NGC and should get it back within the next week or so
I'm really hoping that they will label it as a doubled die

In my search, it appears as though this coin may actually have two types of reverses (circled)

Some solid rotation and separation can be seen on the right side of the dragon, flames and beads leading me to believe it is a true doubled die
but a lot of people keep telling me it has been double struck

Maybe there is something about the minting process that I am missing but it looks doubled to me

The Copper Coin part looks as though it may have been re-tooled or re-engraved though

I'd really appreciate any thoughts on scarcity or value
I think it all hinges on what NGC puts on the slab though

Do you think they will label it as a doubled die?
Testing / Testing
« Last post by Zzyzzyth on August 10, 2022, 11:18:56 AM »
Testing, testing
General Discussion / Re: 1984 Silver Pagodas are a rare official mint medal.
« Last post by pandamonium on August 09, 2022, 10:37:10 PM »
Take a look at this PF 64 Kaiyuan listed on ebay.  Notice the top line connects to pagoda.   Real silver pagodas have a line gap.  Compare to another real silver PF 69 Kaiyuan w/ top line gap...

PF 64 is listed on NGC pop too...

Is this PF 64 silver plate or real silver?....
I still believe when the USD loses some if not all value, then US coins will drop big time.  Just my opinion....

Comment on jsmineset  "anything above 100% debt to GDP was considered banana republic.  Look where we are today.  Globally, its 350% debt to GDP.  What that tells me is the world is a bannana republic."
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Medals vs Coins
« Last post by pandamonium on August 09, 2022, 10:21:23 PM »
Yes that was very cheap for those that understand past prices of the 85 Palace Museum.....

Who knows when the market will go crazy again.  When that happens all low mintage, popular will see big price increases.   Today 1995 PF 69 Proof silver pandas 1 oz are priced over $1,200 so the market is getting there...

This brass set SOLD cheap too... $530 SOLD....
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Medals vs Coins
« Last post by jwa1inv on August 09, 2022, 08:33:16 PM »
That 1985 Palace Museum Medal PR 68 DCAM listed on EBAY from welike2buyandsell went for only $592.95. Lucky bastard got that one!!! Nyuk, nyuk, nyuk!!!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10