Author Topic: News to me: Maybe ancient knowledge to the rest of you but Tibetan Silver means.  (Read 1942 times)

Offline glgehman001

• Trade Count: (0)
Apparently I learned the hard way that Tibetan Silver mean silver plated.  Does Tibet translate to Plated and I wasn't aware of it?

Still wiping egg off my face.
G

Offline playdoh

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
German silver or sometimes called Montana silver is actually nickle w/ very little silver.  Lots of sleigh of hand out there................

Offline glgehman001

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tibetan_silver

Joy, although it was listed as a Tibetan buddha, which I wanted anyway and later in the description the material was listed as Silver.  Guess I should have put 2 and 2 together.

By the way when did Wikipedia become the end all be all for knowledge sources, do you know how many things in there are false or outright lies?  Yes, a lot of it is true and comes from highly regarded sources, not the Wikipedia page for a bibliography for a master's or doctoral thesis, but the source should come from the author's book, blog or journal, but most Wikipedia pages do have a bibliography at the end if a source was consulted/quoted.

Although I guess in the case of German or Tibetan Silver, which is pretty common knowledge, just like everyone knows Krugerrands are 22K Gold it is OK.  Anyhow thanks for pointing that out.  Reminds me to always do my due diligence beforehand.

Speaking of which anyone know of a cheap or used XRF handheld?
G