Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
coa and original pink outer box included, taking offers
After reading the post about the three die states, I looked at my three silver Dragon Eyes medals and my two silver-plated brass Dragon Eyes medals.  My silver medals are 1-first die state and 2-third die state varieties.  My silver-plated medals are both second die state varieties.  In the past, there were posts about these die states because I already had small stickers on the NGC slabs showing the appropriate die state.

I have not purchased one of these medals for many years and have lost track of the discussion about them.

Mark Bonke
Other Specialized Topics / Coinex moves permanently to ChineseCoins.com
« Last post by Coinex on Yesterday at 08:30:56 PM »
We have just sold our domain name Coinex.com to a cryptocurrency exchange. No updates were made to the Coinex site for some time as we opted to develop on ChineseCoins.com and PandaCoins.com instead.

It is from these sites that all numismatic sales and correspondence will occur.

Our Coinex email addresses are no longer valid with immediate effect, please update your records accordingly with those in the attached graphic.

Thanks for the insight.  I knew their pop reports were never correct but one would think if they are writing about a new variety that coin should be #1 in their census but this does not always seem to be the case.
I can see how that is possible.
IMHO, pic #2 looks like the same die as #3 but worn down and polished. Maybe #2 was reworked.
Correction : did not mean to write restrikes : meant second die states and third die states.   
Fake Chinese Coins / Re: List of fake Chinese coin sellers
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 08:32:18 AM »
Is this a normal PCGS holder?.....compared to the fake above it looks genuine to me....
Interesting.    If there are 2 restrikes of the 84 silver goldfish then what is actual mintage?      I have seen on ebay - list and sell 3 OMP silver goldfish sets in the last yr (plus graded sets).
How about silver Plate goldfish?    Are there photos to distinguish real silver from Plate?     Was this info on another CCF post?

How about this 1980 Chinese Exhibition horse w/ swallow photo in PF 66?     3 piece set w/ Handshake and Bao He Palace.     Probably not, but is this hand engraved dies?      Ebay photo.....
There are coins missing from the pop reports.  Every year I find coins that when you do cert look up coin isn't present even though I submitted it for grading myself.  The most common missing coins are when you send in a coin for relabeling, often the entire invoice is missing.  Other times I have seen it is during show grading, coins simply don't show up.  Whenever I notice this I send NGC a picture and they add it to the pop report.  I remember buying 20+ coins from Nick B back in 2008, when I went home to add them to registry none of them existed, I sent NGC picture and they added not only the coins I sent them but the entire invoice from which the coins came from.  The images weren't uploaded, just cert look up and numbers in pop reports.  As general rule I assume the pop reports are 95% accurate. 
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10