Author Topic: Newly issued MCC  (Read 4414 times)

Offline ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
Re: Newly issued MCC
« Reply #30 on: November 14, 2017, 02:14:54 AM »
Can't help but feel a little shortchanged with the uniform obverse

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #31 on: November 14, 2017, 04:57:38 AM »
The photos don't do some of these coins justice, imo. Not even close.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #32 on: November 14, 2017, 10:43:59 AM »
What is the view from mainland Chinese collectors? Are they avid collectors of these coins? Do the commemoratives and depictions appeal to them?
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #33 on: November 15, 2017, 03:49:27 AM »

dog 2018

http://www.chngc.net/zhuanti/2017/gou/fxgg.html

hippanda

imo, crap are all these new medals

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #34 on: November 15, 2017, 09:11:51 AM »
These stock ebay photos were posted earlier so lets look at them again.      Some early year medals are beauties.    Is this where the real value will be when this market matures?......

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #35 on: November 15, 2017, 02:29:21 PM »
Can't help but feel a little shortchanged with the uniform obverse

Prior to 2000, most MCC had standard design, either national emblem or great wall on the obverse of the coin. During the period of 2001-2008, very few MCC had this this standard design. After 2008, national emblem, again becomes the standard design of obverse for all MCC. 

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #36 on: November 15, 2017, 02:32:41 PM »
In addition to issue the coins for commemorating 35th anniversary of issuance of gold panda on 6/15/2017, China Gold Coin Inc. also issued a silver 7-bar set on 6/22/2017. This bar set was produced at Shenyang Mint and distributed by China Gold Coin Inc. via banks and regular distributors. The planned mintage is 20,000. Each bar weighs 50 gm.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #37 on: November 15, 2017, 03:50:30 PM »

pandamonium

>>>>>Re: Newly issued MCC
« Reply #34 on: Today at 09:11:51 AM »
These stock ebay photos were posted earlier so lets look at them again.      Some early year medals are beauties.    Is this where the real value will be when this market matures?......<<<<

It is my personal opinion that all medals will see negligible rise in prices compared to coins.
If you love them buy them but I would expect great appreciation from any of them. Just my opinion.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
« Reply #38 on: November 15, 2017, 03:51:58 PM »
Meant I would ZNOT expect great appreciation from most if not all medals in comparison to coins.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #39 on: November 16, 2017, 08:18:49 AM »
That is the never ending debate still.....coin vs medals.    I like both.    There are many medals like the 1984 Great Wall 3.3 oz silver, etc... that have many followers.      Remember when circulating coins had little value until Mr Sun's book?     A publication can change this semi immature market.      The 1982 gold panda medals are now considered coins as Peter posted.     I understand the Chinese love coins first but lets see how it plays out.      My photos were to show how simple yet beautiful the early year designs are and a better choice then new issue low mint medals.      At this point the market is slow and prices are low.    The world will soon discover Chinese MCC, other coins and medals.     When demand increases and supply is gone then we will see the truth of the market.    It is just a matter of time now.    Buy both coins and medals.......

Offline wg

« Reply #40 on: November 16, 2017, 08:33:44 AM »
When demand increases and supply is gone then we will see the truth of the market.    It is just a matter of time now.    Buy both coins and medals.......

coins, early medals and ...
  :001_wub:
new bars

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #41 on: November 16, 2017, 10:32:17 AM »
WG

A beautiful 100 gram gold bar.  Do you travel in the PRC?  I have seen these bars in a large gold store in Beijing.  I do not see them elsewhere.  Do you have a suggested seller for these bars (100g, 50g, 20g, etc.).

Mark Bonke

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #42 on: November 16, 2017, 10:34:02 AM »
Many of the our current lineup of MCC heroes are accidental champions. That is also the way (coin) collections go.

Items that have already run up in price are not likely to make further fantastic increases in valuation, especially as a group. This does not necessarily make them ineligible for collection by a new entrant because a few may continue to appreciate but it has to be on a very strict case by case basis with extreme due diligence.

If you see a bird dancing on the other side of the road be careful about crossing over to that side because you don’t know who the musician is!  N33

*This is a general commentary and does not refer to a specific post in this thread. Thanks.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline wg

« Reply #43 on: November 16, 2017, 10:52:17 AM »
WG

A beautiful 100 gram gold bar.  Do you travel in the PRC?  I have seen these bars in a large gold store in Beijing.  I do not see them elsewhere.  Do you have a suggested seller for these bars (100g, 50g, 20g, etc.).

Mark Bonke

hello mark

my source was xu hong
he was very helpful .. year 2011
 2 x 1 kilo ag ox 08
against 250g au rabbit bars.

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #44 on: November 16, 2017, 11:18:11 AM »
WG

Thanks for the information.  I did not realize Xu Hong dealt in CGCI gold and silver bars.  I always see his extensive list of modern Chinese coins and medals on Ebay.  Your response makes me realize he is a major resource for a wider range of products from the PRC.

Again, I see your pictures and I am envious of the wonderful items you have been able to accumulate over time.  ["ENVY" is a good emotion, isn't it? I certainly enjoy feeling envy.]

Mark Bonke