Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
I personally feel exhausted with all the "show/event/special/commemorative/etc." panda release in recent years.  As a result, I stopped paying attention to them.

In 2017 there were total of four Panda commemorative coins issued: three for the 35th Anniversary and this one. It is the only 10 Yuan commemorative silver Panda for 2017 and it caused barely a ripple as it appeared and then vanished. That it was so ignored is exactly the reason that it may turn out to be so interesting.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
What's It Worth? / Re: Tai-Ching-Ti-Kuo Silver Coin
« Last post by agares on Today at 10:12:23 PM »
1907 Empire dollar LM-20, K-212 in AU or MS condition: weight and diameter within reference values.

This coin is extremely rare and likely an accurate silver replica. Reverse face is missing denticles around inside rim edge. Obverse fields have light spots that might be raised pimples, evidence of imperfect impression die.

Thank you for your response, Tom.

Can I ask what you meant by "reverse face is missing denticles around inside rim edge"?
I personally feel exhausted with all the "show/event/special/commemorative/etc." panda release in recent years.  As a result, I stopped paying attention to them.
The first question is what is the ACTUAL mintage of this coin? Second is how many were released to the public? Third, are there minted but unreleased coins in storage somewhere? Because if this was an instant sellout we would have felt the shockwaves over here!

It is an interesting phenomenon as you observed!

Good points and I am trying to get answers to all of these questions. For instance CGCI lists it, but does not actually have any for sale. I've also learned more about the distribution, or non-distribution, but the key issue is the actual mintage.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com
The first question is what is the ACTUAL mintage of this coin? Second is how many were released to the public? Third, are there minted but unreleased coins in storage somewhere? Because if this was an instant sellout we would have felt the shockwaves over here!

It is an interesting phenomenon as you observed!
https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/6382/2017-S-10-Yuan-panda/

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
www.pandacollector.com
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on Today at 08:10:07 PM »
論壇首發…1911宣統三年大清銀幣壹圓…五龍
1.   短鬚龍造幣鋼模圖文輪廓大致底定.惜立體層次未竟全功.是急就章供參的樣幣.造形設計與長鬚龍版本不同.
2.   五龍.細看龍雲有大小.疏密.虛實之分.若要體現神龍騰雲駕霧.大且密實具層次的曲鬚龍較符合決策者要求.
3.   凡機制真幣.必設有人為刻意的瑕疵暗記.全幣綜觀無異樣.微觀有玄機.曲鬚龍相較之下較無破相之虞.字面也較精神.
4.   積弱不振的大清亟待振衰起弊.國幣的選擇傾向蓬勃朝氣.與曲鬚龍相較.其餘四款未能盡如人意.字面中文及英文也乏善可陳.
2.   雕刻刀.雕刻鑿整的鋼模. 綜觀幣面圖文底板至多呈現差不多的平整.完全光滑平整的是現代工藝品.
3.   不對稱設計是造幣防偽最簡單有效的手段.暗記是加保險.
4.   評级曲鬚無真幣…撿漏當撿如此漏.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Wanted: 1981 China Proof Sets
« Last post by aupanda on Today at 02:44:44 PM »
Would like to purchase 1981 China proof sets in white sleeve covers. Offering $1350 per set with shipping to Canada included. PayPal friends and family.

Thank you!
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Selling MCC NGC 69 UC Gold
« Last post by pandamonium on Today at 08:18:03 AM »
Dang Sashusi, everything you list now sells quick.     Does this mean the market has picked up or your offerings are rare?.....
What's It Worth? / Re: 1990 kilo silver panda
« Last post by jc888888888 on Today at 06:27:15 AM »
Buy what you love..it will always be in style for you:)....undervalued if we see a turnaround IMHO
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10