Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Varieties of 1990 Silver 5oz Horse
« Last post by china-silvercoin on Today at 12:53:29 PM »
Thanks SANDAC,

any idea which of the two varieties is more scarce ?

china-silvercoin
Introductions / Re: I'm from Malaysia
« Last post by Mirkkanen on Today at 12:40:22 PM »
Sepaktakraw is the name of a sport I play. It is a Malay cultural sport, so I was interested in knowing if he plays it.
Testing / Re: test
« Last post by bonke on Today at 11:32:03 AM »
WG

Very interesting.  One time, I spent two weeks in Xining (Qinghai Province), wandering around the city and the surrounding hills, buying whatever I could in a very impoverished area of northwestern China.  The majority of the people were Han.  Still, the area had a large Muslim population and Donguan Mosque, a very large Buddhist complex built into the steep mountainside with tunnels leading to little temples and the Tibetan Ta'er Monastery.  The multi-cultural and multi-religious diversity was interesting.

I remember bringing back a large Chinese stamp collection and some other "stuff".  I do not remember having the opportunity to see or purchase any gold.  A missed opportunity.

Mark Bonke
Gallery highlights / Re: 1989 S5Y Kublai Khan PF 70 Ultra Cameo
« Last post by Little Finger on Today at 09:54:45 AM »
Surprising that they created a coin for Kublai Khan since he and his predecessors probably killed many ethnic Chinese, it’s almost like if Israel minted a coin of Hitler. I guess time heals all wounds.
Introductions / Re: I'm from Malaysia
« Last post by Little Finger on Today at 09:50:15 AM »
Welcome to the forum. Do you play sepaktakraw? :)

Lol Mirkkanen, what the heck was that ?!
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: (WTS) + (WTB) or Trade
« Last post by moosician on Today at 08:24:49 AM »
2000 1/4 Mirrored ring gold panda is SOLD. Tq.
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Newly issued MCC
« Last post by pandamonium on Today at 07:56:43 AM »
Poconopen's silver bars w/ gold inlay are beauties but that gold bar takes the crown.     How about coins, medals and bars?    Wonder if wg has about 100 of them in some closet........
Testing / Re: test
« Last post by wg on Today at 04:29:15 AM »
Do you travel in the PRC?  I have seen these bars in a large gold store in Beijing.  I do not see them elsewhere. 

hello mark,
in 1996 I went to ürümqi
i could only buy gold at the banks.
i visited them all .. of course  :001_rolleyes:

34.10g new bars
140 yuan / g

« Last post by bonke on Yesterday at 11:18:11 AM »
WG

Thanks for the information.  I did not realize Xu Hong dealt in CGCI gold and silver bars.  I always see his extensive list of modern Chinese coins and medals on Ebay.  Your response makes me realize he is a major resource for a wider range of products from the PRC.

Again, I see your pictures and I am envious of the wonderful items you have been able to accumulate over time.  ["ENVY" is a good emotion, isn't it? I certainly enjoy feeling envy.]

Mark Bonke
« Last post by wg on Yesterday at 10:52:17 AM »
WG

A beautiful 100 gram gold bar.  Do you travel in the PRC?  I have seen these bars in a large gold store in Beijing.  I do not see them elsewhere.  Do you have a suggested seller for these bars (100g, 50g, 20g, etc.).

Mark Bonke

hello mark

my source was xu hong
he was very helpful .. year 2011
 2 x 1 kilo ag ox 08
against 250g au rabbit bars.

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10