Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Newly issued MCC
« Last post by fwang2450 on Today at 04:53:06 PM »
Here is something that may be rare, or may not be.  It is the first of an unsuccessful series the Shenyang Mint Struck for a Shanghai coin company in 1995. It is a reproduction of a USA 1804 silver Dollar. The 1804's design is split between two medals with the obverse on one piece and the reverse on the other, so it is not a copy. Authorized mintage was 30,000. I asked around at BICE and heard that the actual mintage was quite low. These were intended for the domestic China market and at that time there was no interest. A series of great Chinese coins from the same company was much more successful. I also asked the world coin department at Stack's-Bowers about these and they had never heard of them. Likewise, nobody at the Shenyang Mint today remembers them. At this time that's about all the information I have on this set. Anybody else (Frank?) know something about it?

Where was this found? An outdoor flea market in Beijing.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
I have never seen these medals.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Any Black FRIDAY deal here?
« Last post by PandaOrLunar on Today at 04:43:09 PM »
Well, I do have a last year 2017 Ag 30g panda in a special NGC Thanksgiving theme label with strikes out regular price of $1999 and underneath is the now on sales price of $199.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Any Black FRIDAY deal here?
« Last post by Mirkkanen on Today at 04:32:42 PM »
Sure, what are you looking for?
Post a wishlist.
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Champion Macau Auction
« Last post by KeyDate1/2ozPandas on Today at 12:44:57 PM »
Agreed.  I can't buy anything semi-rare to rare anymore.  Time to be an investor and keep all semi-rare coins for the future. 

Demand for common date material is trending to below melt very fast at the wholesale level.  A year ago I could not have imagined passing on 1oz gold pandas from 85-88 and 2011+ at 103% melt, today at 98% of melt isn't cheap enough to make them viable to deal in.  It is good for the market to have common dates trade like pure bullion to get more people interested in panda coins, once they realize survival over 10,000 for gold and 100,000 for silver are bullion coins (no slab necessary), then a few may move into the numismatic material.  For the first time in a decade I am seeing new silver pandas (2012+) selling at similar spreads as eagles and maples near $2 over melt, probably due to the exchanges dumping all the silver onto the market.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Any Black FRIDAY deal here?
« Last post by panda on Today at 11:37:32 AM »
 N6 :confused1:
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: Champion Macau Auction
« Last post by Clark Smith on Today at 10:54:25 AM »
Supply is very tight.   But also demand is not good.   Demand is particularly bad for common dates.
Lots of pomp and circumstance for the Panda introduction.     Shows what rock stars the participants in the Chinese Coin industry have become.       It will be a monster market in due time.......

"Bring the Panda home" is what the National pride Chinese want.     Dealers from other Asian countries tell me they have close to zero Chinese coins.    The Chinese bought them up and the demand is worldwide.      As posted many times here the Chinese will buy them back, can they confiscate them thru corrupt governments?      We will see racing pigeon prices for many rare Chinese.......
Thank you very much for the nice feedback ! I just finished my second video, which contains some random impressions:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vq97Z4iZBd4

You can see some clips from the booth setup, the official opening, the COTY book sigining and the crowd in front of the Coin World booth.

I will upload some more photos over the weekend :-)
General Discussion / Re: Happy Thanksgiving !
« Last post by Hippanda on Yesterday at 09:42:26 PM »
Happy Thanksgiving to everyone !
1995 Munich Coin Expostion Panda Certificate of Authenticity

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?action=gallery;sa=view;id=666

1995 Munich Coin Exposition Panda Certificate of Authenticity--both sides are shown.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10