Author Topic: ~~~~~FORUM RULES~~~~~  (Read 104340 times)

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
~~~~~FORUM RULES~~~~~
« on: November 07, 2012, 02:40:41 PM »
FORUM RULES
last updated on 06/23/2014

1.  Respect for each other
(互相尊重)  

2.  Inappropriate language will not be tolerated and will be removed
(不恰当的语言不会被容忍,并会被删除)

3. Disclosing other member's private information publicly without permission is not allowed
(不允许在没有经过其它用户同意的情况下发布其私人资料)

4.  Sarcastic and unhelpful comments are discouraged
(不欢迎带讽刺的和无益的观点)

5.  Non-Chinese numismatic related topics or posts may be deleted at the discretion of the forum staffs.
(和中国钱币无关的帖子可能会被论坛工作人员在经过慎重考虑下删除)

6. Never discuss politics and/or religion.
(不允许讨论政治和宗教有关的话题)

7. Multiple accounts are not permitted. Any member found creating multiple accounts will have all accounts banned from the forum, and will be banned indefinitely.
(多个论坛帐户是不允许的。任何论坛会员被发现创建多个帐户(俗称马甲),所有帐户都将被立即永久取缔)

8.  In order facilitate the mutual enjoyment and sharing of this forum, plain language usage (English preferred) is encouraged.
(为了互相交流和分享,鼓励使用通俗易懂的语言(英语首选)来讨论)

9.  Forum moderators and administrators are to properly disclose their holdings when making various investment recommendations. Please refer to birdman's post as an example of this method.  http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6715.0
(论坛版主和管理员如果对某个特定品种做投资推荐,要正确的披露对此品种的持有状况。 具体方式请参照birdman版主的帖子。 http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6715.0)

10. Any bans over 1 day in length must be voted upon by the moderators and administrators of the forum.
(任何1天以上的bans,必须经过论坛版主和管理员共同讨论投票表决。)

11. Any member with negative 50 karma points will be permanently banned.

12. Rules for Posting External Links
 1. You may post external website addresses and/or external links on the forum. They must however be helpful, appropriate and pertain to the subject matter of the thread.  
(论坛用户可以发布带外链接网站的帖子。但是必须是对论坛有帮助的,适当的,并且和讨论主题吻合的。)
 2. External websites with excessive advertising (such as 5 Google ads on one page or massive Ebay affiliate links) are not allowed.
(带有过量广告的外链接网站是不允许的。)
 3. External websites with pop up window are not allowed.
(带有弹窗的外链接网站是不允许的。)

13. Signature Rules
 1. Your signature should be composed of the default font size.
(签名栏的字体大小必须是论坛默认的字体大小。)
 2. Any signature seen as being overly long or of an offensive nature etc is liable to be removed without notice.
(任何签名视为过长或具有攻击性等会被删除,恕不另行通知。)
3. Max. two external links are allowed in signature.  The external websites in signature MUST be Chinese numismatic related. No exception.
(签名栏最多可以有两个外链接,外链接网站的内容必须是和中国钱币有关的。)
4. No advertising in signatures.
(签名栏里不能放广告。)

14. Avatars
You may use what you wish as your avatar as long as it conforms to forum guidelines.
(头像可以随意使用,但必须符合论坛的方针。)

15. CCF Staff reserve the right to remove posts without any prior notice.

Buy, Sell & Trade forum and CCF Auctions have some extra rules.  Please read here:  
http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=7471.0

I have personally maintained a zero tolerance stance on personal attacks and inappropriate satirical remarks.  It doesn't matter who you are or what your point of view is, resorting to personal attacks crosses the line of decency and drags the forum down.  Mutual respect is the basic tenant for this sharing, productive and enjoyable, forum.  My hope is that everyone will come together to uphold these standards on the CCF.

Thank you everyone!
Snowball - Administrator

本人对在此论坛人身攻击一直保持零容忍的态度。不管您认不认同他人的观点,只要牵涉到人身攻击就是越过了论坛的底线。 以互相尊重为本,分享,交流,快乐,是此论坛的宗旨。 希望大家能一起来维护CCF。

谢谢大家!    管理员 雪球
« Last Edit: June 23, 2014, 05:16:21 PM by snowball »
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: ~~~~~FORUM RULES~~~~~
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2012, 10:04:01 PM »
Snowball, you do not have a coin photo.  Is that a kitty cat chia pet?.........

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2012, 09:14:05 AM »
Snowball, you do not have a coin photo.  Is that a kitty cat chia pet?.........

Hi PM

It is Uncle Cat, a Super Star Cat in Japan!    :001_tongue:

http://kagonekoshiro.blog86.fc2.com/
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2012, 10:37:53 AM »
FORUM RULES
last updated on 11/8/2012

1.  Respect for each other
(互相尊重) 

2.  Inappropriate language, avatar, signature lines, links, will be removed
(不恰当的语言,头像图案,签名,外连接,会被删除)

3. Disclosing other member's private information publicly without permission is not allowed
(不允许在没有经过其它用户同意的情况下发布其私人资料)

4.  Sarcastic and unhelpful comments are discouraged
(不欢迎带讽刺的和无益的观点)

5.  Non-Chinese numismatic related topics or posts may be deleted at the discretion of the forum staffs.
(和中国钱币无关的帖子可能会被论坛工作人员在经过慎重考虑下删除)

6.  In order facilitate the mutual enjoyment and sharing of this forum, plain language usage (English preferred) is encouraged.
(为了互相交流和分享,鼓励使用通俗易懂的语言(英语首选)来讨论)

7.   Forum moderators and administrators are to properly disclose their holdings when making various investment recommendations. Please refer to birdman's post as an example of this method.  http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6715.0
(论坛版主和管理员如果对某个特定品种做投资推荐,要正确的披露对此品种的持有状况。 具体方式请参照birdman版主的帖子。 http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=6715.0)

8. Any bans over 1 day in length must be voted upon by the moderators and administrators of the forum.
(任何1天以上的bans,必须经过论坛版主和管理员共同讨论投票表决。)

I have personally maintained a zero tolerance stance on personal attacks and inappropriate satirical remarks.  It doesn't matter who you are or what your point of view is, resorting to personal attacks crosses the line of decency and drags the forum down.  Mutual respect is the basic tenant for this sharing, productive and enjoyable, forum.  My hope is that everyone will come together to uphold these standards on the CCF.

Thank you everyone!
Snowball - Administrator

本人对在此论坛人身攻击一直保持零容忍的态度。不管您认不认同他人的观点,只要牵涉到人身攻击就是越过了论坛的底线。 以互相尊重为本,分享,交流,快乐,是此论坛的宗旨。 希望大家能一起来维护CCF。

谢谢大家!    管理员 雪球

This is worth another read, folks.  Let's stay focused on China coins.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2012, 11:17:40 AM »
Birdman & snowball I totally agree !

CCF is an awesome forum for Chinese coins and that is where the focus needs to be.

Recent changes have made CCF an even more respectable site with many highly knowledgeable members contributing a wealth of knowledge. It is and will be much better than before with logical people moderating. 

Birdman I’m very glad that you and Panda Halves are moderating the site, I’m sure if we can get things to calm down and members cease from slinging obscenities and threats at others then we can get poconopenn to come back and offer his infinite wisdom.  I’m very happy to see Pandacollector still contributing as a member.

I can’t speak for all others but I can tell you that I want to keep my discussions focused on MCC in which that is what we are all here for. In the future I will even resist responding to attacks for the better of the forum.

CCF is hands down the best Chinese Coin Forum for English speaking members and I and many others do greatly appreciate snowball for expending his time and money to provide this awesome forum as well as the moderation of birdman and panda halves !!!   

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2012, 11:23:13 AM »
I know snowball and he knows me.  I was just teasing and having fun.  Humor is sometimes the best medicine!       :)  .........

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2012, 01:18:04 PM »

( .. ) then we can get poconopenn to come back and offer his infinite wisdom. ( .. )

waiting :001_wub: for post 1001

Offline PandaQuest

• Trade Count: (+14)
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2012, 05:01:39 PM »
Glad to see you back comeaux! Nice to see you have a positive attitude too, hope you continue giving input on coins. Any thoughts on the possible 2000 frosted panda 50yuan variety?

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2012, 05:37:59 PM »
Birdman & snowball I totally agree !

CCF is an awesome forum for Chinese coins and that is where the focus needs to be.

Recent changes have made CCF an even more respectable site with many highly knowledgeable members contributing a wealth of knowledge. It is and will be much better than before with logical people moderating. 

Birdman I’m very glad that you and Panda Halves are moderating the site, I’m sure if we can get things to calm down and members cease from slinging obscenities and threats at others then we can get poconopenn to come back and offer his infinite wisdom.  I’m very happy to see Pandacollector still contributing as a member.

Comeaux,

I appreciate your pledge to be more civil going forward.

As a moderator, however, it is my duty to point out that some of your recent posts (some of which were deleted by moderators) were against forum rules.  Period.

For this to return to a productive forum without distractions, we must treat others with respect.  Although I am a new moderator and don't know all of the back history, I think part of the reason that a few very knowledgeable people have left this forum is that there have been so many disrespectful and nasty exchanges.  Seriously, put yourself in the shoes of a new member who logged onto this forum today and read all of the posts made by various people during the past 24 hours (including the ones that have been deleted).  You would not perceive this to be a welcoming place.  That is not good.

I am volunteering my time.  And believe me, there is little glory or satisfaction in sifting through some of these exchanges, and thinking about the best course of action.  We must all try to do better and focus on what brought us here in the first place.

I am optimistic that time will heal some wounds, and we will once again be a vibrant community in which knowledge is shared freely and with respect.

Let's move on...

Birdman

(I speak for myself in this note, and my views are not necessarily held by other moderators/admin.)

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2012, 06:52:21 PM »
Comeaux,

I appreciate your pledge to be more civil going forward.

As a moderator, however, it is my duty to point out that some of your recent posts (some of which were deleted by moderators) were against forum rules.  Period.

For this to return to a productive forum without distractions, we must treat others with respect.  Although I am a new moderator and don't know all of the back history, I think part of the reason that a few very knowledgeable people have left this forum is that there have been so many disrespectful and nasty exchanges.  Seriously, put yourself in the shoes of a new member who logged onto this forum today and read all of the posts made by various people during the past 24 hours (including the ones that have been deleted).  You would not perceive this to be a welcoming place.  That is not good.

I am volunteering my time.  And believe me, there is little glory or satisfaction in sifting through some of these exchanges, and thinking about the best course of action.  We must all try to do better and focus on what brought us here in the first place.

I am optimistic that time will heal some wounds, and we will once again be a vibrant community in which knowledge is shared freely and with respect.

Let's move on...

Birdman

(I speak for myself in this note, and my views are not necessarily held by other moderators/admin.)

Hello Birdman,

You are speaking for yourself and I respect that … I agree with most of your post but I think you need to reread some of the old post and possibly validate with poconopenn and Panda Collector why they left as it was nothing that I posted that made these valuable members leave but actually other postings and actions from another member. I just want to set those facts straight right up front. In fact I and many (most) others here agree that poconopenn is by far the most knowledgeable as well as civil member here on this CCF forum and he even stated publicly that I said nothing that constituted being banned or was offensive.   

In fact I was banned for reasons that I and many others still question but then last night the “ex-administrator” is posting extremely vile and disgusting language, throwing the F-bomb around very loosely yet not one word of admonishment was conveyed to that person here on open forum and he was not banned for what all others thought was EXTREMELY inappropriate behavior. It’s all good as I did not respond to that type of lunacy and will not. I do want to point out that my one post deleted was only the post in response to a post directed towards me laced with profanity which should never be allowed on this forum regardless of who a person is or who he was. In fact I’m surprised you did not find his attack on this CCF forum with the post “Don’t use this forum” a blatant violation of the rules and cause for immediate banning.     

As I stated I am here to contribute and move on … in fact I am done with this thread after this post as well but I felt I needed to respond to a slightly accusatory tone of blame. Like I said, I’m here to contribute and will try my best to not respond to insane attacks and vile language but I will only take so much and to be perfectly honest I will not sit back and have me or my family threatened … that is where I will draw the line.

This forum is already a better place and will only improve from here on out with you and Panda Halves assisting snowball. I will do my best to contribute productively.

I am really wishing you good luck at this new position … I honestly think you fit it well.

Thank You   

Ps. Why am I getting the message “The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later” every time I try to post something? None of the other members are experiencing this?

Offline 从心出发

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2012, 06:55:40 PM »
I am new to this forum. I have buried the "old" me.

Let's just say,

是时候重新,也从心,出发了!

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2012, 06:56:52 PM »
Panda Collector didn't leave. He is stepping AWAY from his Moderator responsibility (albeit temporarily, according to him) to focus on his new book.

Offline dynamike51

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2012, 07:02:55 PM »
I am new to this forum. I have buried the "old" me.

Let's just say,

是时候重新,也从心,出发了!

Welcome, anyway.

Let's bury the hatchet and move forward.

Those of you with knowledge of the past, use it wisely as your tool to assist other members.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2012, 09:36:44 PM by dynamike51 »

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2012, 03:36:36 PM »

waiting :001_wub: for post 1001

WG
Since you are asking my 1001 postings, here is my request to you. Can you please ask your good friend Anwir to return to CCF? His knowledge in MCC and past contribution to CCF is greatly appreciated by many old members in this forum. Forum ex-administrator is gone permanently, he has no reason not to return anymore.

http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=374.0

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2012, 03:38:48 PM »
Welcome back!  I look forward to your 2000th post and everything in between.  And I would second that about Anwir.