Author Topic: March Pricepedia Available  (Read 1208 times)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
March Pricepedia Available
« on: March 29, 2016, 10:33:26 AM »
Got my Pricepedia for March. Interesting trends highlighted. Seems like the Chinese banks getting into coin sales is really "disrupting" the market. Not unlike Uber in some aspects.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline ninteno

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: March Pricepedia Available
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2016, 11:25:17 AM »
do they share with public or do they put in their own pockets ?
is this a good thing for markets outside china ?

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2016, 11:53:53 AM »
do they share with public or do they put in their own pockets ?
is this a good thing for markets outside china ?

Can't answer number 1 question!  :001_smile:

Number 2 question: Not easy to say. Most likely a mixed bag. For example China based collectors may buy new issue coins at a cheaper rate since the mints seem to be allocating more coins to the domestic market. The story may be different for (?some) older issue coins, as suggested by Pricepedia.

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2016, 12:03:10 PM »
An FYI for forum members, I would be cautious about selling some of your 1990-2003 G1/2 for prices currently listed in some of the price guides.  Some China dealers who are trying to complete master sets are paying much higher prices for certain coins.  Depending on the date, I was recently offered 10%, 20%, even more than 80% above the price guides.  Certain dates get red hot and their price surges as their supply evaporates.  If the dealers find a small batch, however, I suppose the price could swing in the other direction too, but such batches seem to be getting more difficult for them to find.  Be thorough in your research, and don't blindly follow any single source, as this is a fast changing field.    

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 12:57:12 PM »
An FYI for forum members, I would be cautious about selling some of your 1990-2003 G1/2 for prices currently listed in some of the price guides.  Some China dealers who are trying to complete master sets are paying much higher prices for certain coins.  Depending on the date, I was recently offered 10%, 20%, even more than 80% above the price guides.  Certain dates get red hot and their price surges as their supply evaporates.  If the dealers find a small batch, however, I suppose the price could swing in the other direction too, but such batches seem to be getting more difficult for them to find.  Be thorough in your research, and don't blindly follow any single source, as this is a fast changing field.   

I am hoping no one uses a single price guide to determine what to buy or sell any item for. Anyone who is contemplating selling at the moment should hopefully not be a newbie. If you are a newbie, advice from older members and more experienced collectors (not me) will assist you to determine the best price to sell. In fact some forum members advice not to sell at all at this time. Some others have even been screaming buy buy buy!  :w00t:

As for me, I am collecting MCC to keep them here in the USA or wherever my family moves to (?Mars!!) when I am gone.  N31

Offline Deepwater

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+10)
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 06:59:52 PM »
Thanks for the sharing. Just curious, when will those master sets need to be completed?