Author Topic: CCF Special. Chinese Coins Guide Panda Edition for Apr 2017 - Unlocked.  (Read 1279 times)

Online ccl

• Trade Count: (+3)
    • Chinese Coins Live, LLC.
Click any sale price and it will open the sale page in your internet browser.  We convert all sales using the exchange rates from the day of sale.

Old ebay sales won't display as they generally retire the links around 3 months (some exceptions).

If you like it, drop us a line here on this thread and let us know.

Enjoy!

______

English:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/2pj3ctnc5uz9e3q/Chinese-Coins-Guide-Panda-Edition-April-13-2017.pdf.zip?dl=0

用中文出版:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/dce5dvojli3u07n/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E9%92%B1%E5%B8%81%E6%8C%87%E5%8D%97-%E7%86%8A%E7%8C%AB%E7%89%88-April-13-2017.pdf.zip?dl=0
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com
Login | Structured Coin Data Trial | Save up to 66%

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+12)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Very generous sharing full panda price guide. 

One question is do you track Stacks Bowers auctions, I didn't see any prices from their recent auction.

Online ccl

yes, the PDF has a 10 day lag (no sales from last 10 days)
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
Thanks for the access.

I noticed a few things after a quick skim through.

I had gathered from Arif's offer prices that the 2005 G1/2 had gotten hot, but it was interesting to see an actual auction sale for $1830 in China.  I hadn't seen that result yet.  Yours is a good resource that pulls together a lot of data from different places. 

I saw the price for "ungraded" 1992 G1/2 was $744 from a sale 72 days ago.  That, however, was a scratched/damaged piece.  It is a reminder that an individual using this guide really needs to follow each link to evaluate the sales results that the computer search system collects.  Someone who wants to sell an OMP 1992 G1/2 who unthinkingly looks at this guide, or is shown it by an unscrupulous dealer, might happily accept $800 for it, when that is far below its market value.

As you further refine your product, it would be great if you could try to screen out, or better identify and flag, problem listings.  The brute force computer approach can't yet screen out the damaged coins or listings where an incorrect keyword was included.  I mentioned a few of these in my August 2016 review.  http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=12808.msg76210#msg76210  I've included a few excerpts below as a reminder:

I’ll emphasize, however, that the data are only what the algorithm computes when comparing a few recent sales.  Before you go out and buy based on this information you need to double check the data to make sure that there weren’t any errors in the auction listings (more on that later), or to make sure that there weren’t other issues.  For instance, perhaps both auctions were indeed MS69s but did one coin have White Spots of Death or some other condition issue, or was one an MS69 Star and the other just an MS69? 

It is critical that you double check the leads that the algorithm gives you.  For instance, one of the first coins I checked was the recent sales data for the 2006 G1/4 gold panda.  Three of the last four auction results the database provided were not as they seemed.  Two 2006 sold on eBay on July 18.  One was an MS70 and one was an MS69.  The eBay auction listed them as G100Y in the title, so the algorithm sorted the sales into the 2006 G1/4 category.  If you look at the auction, however, the coins are actually G500Y (1 oz not ¼ oz).

Another 2006 G1/4 (an MS70) sold on eBay on July 24.  That auction was subsequently canceled by the buyer (I know because it was my listing) and the coin was relisted.  The “sale” still shows up in the data that the algorithm processes, but if you go to the auction listing you see the message that the item has been relisted.

Clearly, just as my example with the G1/2 is not typical of missed investment opportunity, I’m certain that majority of the data do not have the number of issues that this 2006 G1/4 subsample does.  I include it, however, just because it illustrates a point.  You need to double check the data on your leads.  One nice feature of the Chinese Coins Live site is that after each auction listing there is a button to click to go to the actual auction results.  This makes following up on things easy.  I mentioned this 2006 G1/4 issues to Richard and he pointed out that there is a convenient way to flag any result that appears to have a problem and they will double check the listing. That may be true, and by the time the data becomes available to the “Collector” license one week later, many of the problem listings might have been addressed.  Having said that, if you are one of the “Expert” licensees who is eagerly scanning the data as soon as it is generated by the algorithms, keep in mind that all of it is not examined for issues before it becomes available.  I imagine that some sort of data review and proofing is on the list of areas to address by the people at Chinese Coins Live as the continue to improve this new website. 

That’s all I have time for folks.  Let me summarize by saying that the Chinese Coins Live site is a powerful construct that allows access to huge quantities of data.  Many of its features may indeed represent the future of how coin data is processed.  Just keep in mind, though, that it can be like sipping water from a fire hose, so just be careful.  With all that power comes a risk of letting the black box computing do all the thinking for you.  If you recognize the strengths and limitations of the process, however, I think it can allow significant advantages.  It can save time and prevent you from letting opportunities slip through the cracks.  It can give you early notice of pricing trends.

I remain impressed with your resource, but I just want to keep our readers aware of its limitations, so that they can best use it to their advantage.

Online ccl

Sales are assigned also manually. We are reporting the market action as it happens.

Actually, it is our strength that we have anything you would want to see on demand.

There is no such thing as a standardized (ballpark) price for many MCC in so called OMP, a flawed term that can include coins not in OMP. The variables are too great, from cutting of plastic bags, coa or not, box or not and so on. Yet none of that has even alluded to condition: copper spots, white spots, scratches etc.. Many, many coins were distributed only in capsules with no outer plastic.

We try to assign sales of flawed coins when we see them to: Raw instead of Ungraded, (our umbrella term we prefer to OMP). Easier to do with some like the pt panda fractionals 1993-1995.

I'd say be careful about any 'OMP' price you see elsewhere for anything. Especially when you can't even see the coin for yourself. That would be a limitation in the true sense of the word.
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

no longer available
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+12)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
I decided to give the free trial of CCL a test drive this month.  If you haven't tried it definitely take advantage of the free trial to see for yourself if it can help you make better decisions.  My opinion below is unedited and CCL is seeing it for the first time.

I was skeptical if it would be of much value to me, because I know prices very well on both the bid and ask side from daily interaction with buyers and sellers.  At first I was correct it wasn't going to be that helpful to me, but over time realized the hidden value of the web site.   For coins I know very well 1oz, 1/2oz and 1/4oz gold panda the value was limited, but for coins I don't trade regularly silver pandas, lunars, cultural, mint sets, 1/10, 1/20, MS70, etc. it was immensely useful.  As a dealer the most important trait is the ability to buy anything someone offers you at prices that higher than your competitors, but low enough to cover your overhead and profit requirements.  This web site helped me expand the into other coins that I typically don't buy and improved my response time to provide bids.

The pricing information is very well organized and easy to access via laptop or mobile. 

Each transaction has a link so one can verify the exact coin that was sold and make adjustment for dealer credibility, eye appeal and condition.

Data is provided for all conditions, which helps see what the grading premium is for a coin and decide whether a coin is worth grading.

The search feature is easy to use and shows percent change compared to prior sale so you can see what is doing well. 

I provided CCL some recommendations, many of which were already in the works or will be implement in the future, so platform will get better with time. 

The website is the future of data aggregation and as the coin market matures it will be the go to site for pricing information. 

The only negative is the cost, I wish it was more affordable to the average collector, investor or dealer.  The most profitable businesses on the internet provide a lot of information for free and then make their revenues of advertising or product offerings, I hope as the platform gains traction pricing becomes more affordable and other revenue opportunities are explored.   

Offline Pandaguy

• Trade Count: (0)
I decided to give the free trial of CCL a test drive this month.  If you haven't tried it definitely take advantage of the free trial to see for yourself if it can help you make better decisions.  My opinion below is unedited and CCL is seeing it for the first time.

I was skeptical if it would be of much value to me, because I know prices very well on both the bid and ask side from daily interaction with buyers and sellers.  At first I was correct it wasn't going to be that helpful to me, but over time realized the hidden value of the web site.   For coins I know very well 1oz, 1/2oz and 1/4oz gold panda the value was limited, but for coins I don't trade regularly silver pandas, lunars, cultural, mint sets, 1/10, 1/20, MS70, etc. it was immensely useful.  As a dealer the most important trait is the ability to buy anything someone offers you at prices that higher than your competitors, but low enough to cover your overhead and profit requirements.  This web site helped me expand the into other coins that I typically don't buy and improved my response time to provide bids.

The pricing information is very well organized and easy to access via laptop or mobile. 

Each transaction has a link so one can verify the exact coin that was sold and make adjustment for dealer credibility, eye appeal and condition.

Data is provided for all conditions, which helps see what the grading premium is for a coin and decide whether a coin is worth grading.

The search feature is easy to use and shows percent change compared to prior sale so you can see what is doing well. 

I provided CCL some recommendations, many of which were already in the works or will be implement in the future, so platform will get better with time. 

The website is the future of data aggregation and as the coin market matures it will be the go to site for pricing information. 

The only negative is the cost, I wish it was more affordable to the average collector, investor or dealer.  The most profitable businesses on the internet provide a lot of information for free and then make their revenues of advertising or product offerings, I hope as the platform gains traction pricing becomes more affordable and other revenue opportunities are explored.   

Arif, EXCELLENT review! Thank you.

Online ccl

Thank you, I'm glad you are getting so much from it.

If anyone would like a walkthrough or demo, drop me a private message.

Also, if anyone would like to do a review of the Chinese Coins Guide PDF Price Guide here on CCF - send me a private message. We'll give you the full PDF with Expert license site access for 1 month included.
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

Our latest video looks at how our Structured Coin Data is shown through Chinese Coins Live Charts.

N47 https://vimeo.com/218800901 N47
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

This month, the full Panda Guide was unlocked for everyone on our mailing list.

If you are not already subscribed, you can do so here:
https://www.chinesecoinslive.com/checkout/?add-to-cart=11345

We will put up the FREE PANDA GUIDE on CCF now, link just below. It will be available for 1-2 days.

If you download it and get something out of it, drop us quick line here on this forum thread and let us know!

English:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/0ns4b82cwkjov49/Chinese-Coins-Guide-Panda-Edition-June-10-2017.pdf.zip?dl=0

Chinese:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/fk70isavjmyoaw1/%E4%B8%AD%E5%9B%BD%E9%92%B1%E5%B8%81%E6%8C%87%E5%8D%97-%E7%86%8A%E7%8C%AB%E7%89%88-June-10-2017.pdf.zip?dl=0

Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

Click the underlined prices to be taken to the sale page.

For more, see graphic below.
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

Heritage sales are done, they'll show for most members from 21:30 PM this evening.
Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com

Online ccl

Annual subscriptions now available:
https://www.chinesecoinslive.com/join

Richard Blair
chinesecoinslive.com