Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Selling Silver Pandas
« Last post by Grip on Today at 09:20:03 AM »
The 1987PF and 1990SD are sold pending payment
One point that your story illustrates is that the coin collection business is strong in China and the future seems to be rosy.

I like the multiple-dealer-in-a-place format of the physical shops. It allows buyers the opportunity to shop around for good specimens but I don’t know if it is price advantageous because of the speed of communication you mentioned in such markets.

Something I did not pick up in the story is if the dealers also buy directly from the public in those physical markets; i.e. can I walk into the coin market and sell my coins to the dealers?

Another informative piece. Thanks!
It makes sense that due to low prices/low grade there are many Color Lunars that are not graded, price hike will bring them to grading...

2010 PF 67 Gilt Tiger   $1,499     Ebay 264155657491  Very good German seller.    Same seller also has a 08 PF 69 Color Rat for about $500 and a PF 70 (listed as 69) for about $1,000.      Big price but the Germans have a much better opinion of these Color Silvers being rare then the US dealers/collectors have.      Will Gov Mint, the sole supplier, give us more accurate actual mint/sales numbers for this series?     What do the German collectors know that we do not? .......  (I found a Gilt Tiger OMP last yr on ebay for about $50 or less due to no bidders.).

In photos this series looks good, in hand the colors pop so i can see them becoming popular....   
Thanks for the post.    I was beginning to think there maybe one or more 2007 Color Pigs even after we were told no issue...
Good article but it says "amazingly new stream of publications in Chinese".     Why can't we read those new publications here w/ translation?       What do the new publications have to say?......
2007 Color Pig??       PF                               67-1  ?                    1 total???
there is no issue from the 1 oz pig medal

2007 1000g Lunar Series - Pig Colorized    Silver    PFUC    1

https://www.ngccoin.com/census/world/china-lunar-series/sc-365/silver/

Chinese Panda Coins / Re: New Variety-1998 S10Y QRD-001
« Last post by UniqueCoins on Today at 04:06:24 AM »
I have still one much cheaper graded with MS69 and QDR-002.

If someone interested, please pm me.
What differences are there in the coin business between China and the USA? "Both Sides Now" looks at two sides of the coin trade.

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/7092/Chinese-coins-marketplaces/

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Chinese Panda Coins / Re: New Variety-1998 S10Y QRD-001
« Last post by 1668Chris on Yesterday at 09:15:48 PM »
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Selling Silver Pandas
« Last post by Grip on Yesterday at 04:53:05 PM »
I sent you a PM.