Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
update;  I chatted w/ Dragonzeng and he knows these silvers.     There is a difference between 36mm & 40mm.    Hopefully he can discuss this w/ MCorley or others at NGC....
Buy, Sell & Trade / Buying 2002 1/2 gold panda coins
« Last post by hopeusw on Today at 07:45:03 AM »
1200 for OMP, 1250 for MS69

Below are 2 links to Andrew's new forum.   He is located in Singapore so
in time expect Asian/Chinese collectors to post.
I now recommend two (2)  Andrew's forum and Chinese Coin Forum.
His site is still new so it will take awhile to get up and going as he wants
to start slow.....

http://chinacoinsforum.com/

chinacoinsforum.com<http://chinacoinsforum.com>

Dealers are eager to buy from the public just like anywhere else in the world if the price is right.  My first time at the Shanghai market, I bought coins from one store, walked 40 feet and sold it to another store for 30% mark up, because the first store didn't know the difference between SD and LD.  The best part of the story is I had to borrow the money from another store to buy the coins. 

It is nice to have many stores clustered together and most shopkeepers are friendly, some of the really old ones don't care to deal with foreigners, but those under 50 are easy to work with and they are looking for new customers aggressively. 

The US coin market is going through a transition, shows used to be where dealers primarily sold/bought to retail customers, today dealers primarily sell/buy to/from other dealers as most retail customers prefer to buy from auctions, internet or mail order from the comfort of their home.  Going to shows is too expensive and provides little opportunity to buy fresh material as most of it is bought up by other dealers prior to the show start.  China has it right with online auctions, electronic payments, and shipping as the ideal process to buy and sell coins.  We have Ebay in the US, but the platform is too onerous for dealers to use as the risk of fraud and fees are too high to make it a safe platform for coins above $300.  In the next 5 years we will see a major coin trading platform similar to what we see in China.

The biggest difference between China and the US is, in the US collectors are dying faster than new collectors are entering the market, which leads to a shrinking market and a generational bear market, while in the China collectors are entering the market at multiples of rate collectors are dying, which leads to an expanding market and a generational bull market.  Both markets will have counter cycles, we are in one right now for Chinese coins as the Chinese economy is slowing and currency depreciating due to a trade war and a bear market in the metals.  One day gold will shine again and China middle class will grow by the millions each month, till then hold on to your numismatic coins tightly and only sell bullion type coins if you need to sell. 

I agree, the future for Chinese collectibles is very bright but many dealers/collectors must sell today to pay bills.     This could be the year it all changes....
Dealers are eager to buy from the public just like anywhere else in the world if the price is right.  My first time at the Shanghai market, I bought coins from one store, walked 40 feet and sold it to another store for 30% mark up, because the first store didn't know the difference between SD and LD.  The best part of the story is I had to borrow the money from another store to buy the coins. 

Nice story, Arif. Yes, dealers in China's coin markets buy as well as sell.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
NGC Consultant
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

It is nice to have many stores clustered together and most shopkeepers are friendly, some of the really old ones don't care to deal with foreigners, but those under 50 are easy to work with and they are looking for new customers aggressively. 

The US coin market is going through a transition, shows used to be where dealers primarily sold/bought to retail customers, today dealers primarily sell/buy to/from other dealers as most retail customers prefer to buy from auctions, internet or mail order from the comfort of their home.  Going to shows is too expensive and provides little opportunity to buy fresh material as most of it is bought up by other dealers prior to the show start.  China has it right with online auctions, electronic payments, and shipping as the ideal process to buy and sell coins.  We have Ebay in the US, but the platform is too onerous for dealers to use as the risk of fraud and fees are too high to make it a safe platform for coins above $300.  In the next 5 years we will see a major coin trading platform similar to what we see in China.

The biggest difference between China and the US is, in the US collectors are dying faster than new collectors are entering the market, which leads to a shrinking market and a generational bear market, while in the China collectors are entering the market at multiples of rate collectors are dying, which leads to an expanding market and a generational bull market.  Both markets will have counter cycles, we are in one right now for Chinese coins as the Chinese economy is slowing and currency depreciating due to a trade war and a bear market in the metals.  One day gold will shine again and China middle class will grow by the millions each month, till then hold on to your numismatic coins tightly and only sell bullion type coins if you need to sell. 
Modern Chinese Medals / Panda lunar series
« Last post by Tannenberg on Yesterday at 12:51:06 PM »
Does anyone know where one could find a 2015 antique panda lunar goat ncg pf70, and a 2016 antique panda lunar monkey ncg pf70?  What do they sell for?  They seem to be very hard to find.

Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Selling Silver Pandas
« Last post by Grip on Yesterday at 09:20:03 AM »
The 1987PF and 1990SD are sold pending payment
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10