Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
popconopenn: Please answer yes or no.

1) At present,  can you state categorically that the 2001 Silver Panda coin (Small D) is “not genuine”?

2) To date, do you agree that Mr. Zhao has proved without shadow of doubt that the 2001 Silver Panda (Small D) coin is “not genuine”?

I disagree topic title should remain. It is setting a bad precedent for future posts.

While I and sure other agree that discussion and analysis is benefit. Conclusions should not be made before evidence and proof has been put forward.

Although obviously highly knowledge about MCC. I would question whether he is the most knowledgeable. There are others in China with high knowledge of MCC but not wishing to come into the spotlight by sell books and write paper. No other has stated publicly the coin not genuine.

Although giving his positions this and that, if Mr. Zhao had to visit the Mint to investigate. That would indicate that he was not present during the minting of this coin or perhaps importantly the large d also.

I have contact several mints worldwide searching for more information on rare coin and many time their records are far from up to date or reliable. Many people retire, no accurate computer records etc. Look at the Krause book is filled with error and either they make their figure up or possible the mint provide the wrong information.

I understand you and other willingness to explore this panda. However, unlike you I pay over 1000 dollar on ebay for my investment. I am not happy that the title states publicly the coin is not genuine when that conclusion has not been reached.

Chinese Panda Coins / Re: What to do with my 1 oz gold pandas
« Last post by tater on Today at 12:37:14 AM »
I'll have to look for the ebay bucks promotion and let the 2014 go.  I do like the design of the 2007 and I think the 2003 has potential if things get hot again.  Too bad their wasn't a few collectors in my neck of the woods I'd see what I could do with trades.  I need to do some research and see what I can get out of it and what I could flip it for. 
It can be shipped to China. You are in Shanghai? I can bring one for you the next time I visit the city, or even ship it from another Chinese city. I expect to be back in July sometime, but may only visit the north. That will cost significantly less than the $31.50 the US postal service charges.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Looking at the mirrored field surrounding the temple with inspection microscope at 20x, I can not find striation lines on either LD or SD.  The striation lines (which is due to wiping die with rags) should be a group of fine, parallel lines.  Tilting the coins around I can see a few fine lines for both coins, but these lines are oriented in random directions. 

Thanks. The lines shown on the photos must be the scratched line on the NGC holder.
Shenzhen mint started its operation in 1996 and had received ISO certificate at the same time. Therefore, it has to follow the ISO requirement to keep all production and quality control records. Mr. Zhao was appointed to be the first Manage Director of Great Wall Investment of H.K. in 1993 and retired in 2010. IMO, he definitely has the privilege to examine the production records even after his retirement from the position. The data in his book (Analysis of the market for contemporary precious metal coins in China) for annual usage of gold and silver by mint can not be obtained unless you are the Sr. Executive of China Gold Coin Inc. Mr. Zhao is the most knowledgeable person in MCC and his article, which published in the journey which the People's Bank of China is the publisher, can not be considered as innuendo and rumors.

It will be very helpful, if representative of NGC can post here and provide the background information about the circumstance of recognizing this SD version. Have NGC ever consulted with China Mint in this instant?
Looking at the mirrored field surrounding the temple with inspection microscope at 20x, I can not find striation lines on either LD or SD.  The striation lines (which is due to wiping die with rags) should be a group of fine, parallel lines.  Tilting the coins around I can see a few fine lines for both coins, but these lines are oriented in random directions. 
Identification Help / Re: 1988 40th Anniversary Commemorative cu ni FAKE?
« Last post by GoldenLord on Yesterday at 04:26:32 PM »
The coin is a fake. The Details and letters are too thick.

Warmshy's coin are real.
SANDAC,

Sorry, I did not post clearly about the location of mirror surface needed to be examined. I am looking for the mirror surface at the temple side.

I noticed the possible striations on the temple side for SD, but not LD, as attached pictures. I need confirmation from you.
Here are the same 3 areas of small D, NGC3764927-005.  The mirrored bottoms are quite smooth for all three areas.  There are tiny speckles present in all three areas but discernible only with high magnification and I'm not able to photograph them clearly.
There are three areas of mirrored recessed texts on the panda side, the "D", "10 yuan" and Ag .999".  My camera is not absolutely level w.r.t. to the coin so I need to focus each area separately.  Here are the close up of the recessed texts of NGC3685786-032, large D.  The focus is on the bottom mirrored surface.  The "blisters" are particularly noticeable on the "10 yuan" and can be found on "D" and to a lesser extend on "Ag .999".  Please note the same size blisters are also present all over the rest of the coin, particularly noticeable above the "yuan" character.   No such blisters are present on the temple size of the large D.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10