Author Topic: Registry winner include panda coin collectors  (Read 10358 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: Registry winner include panda coin collectors
« Reply #105 on: February 02, 2018, 08:02:53 AM »
You say these things like they are facts, like they're going to happen soon. Holter, Sinclair, Willie, Morgan, Schiff, etc have all been wrong for years now with their predictions, yet you parrot their words as if the predictions are going to happen next month. Do you *really* think these changes are imminent? Why would China want to show off their gold? What good would it accomplish? And a rising Yuan graph on most financial sites? You, sir, must be living in a different world that I am.

Yes i live in a different world then you.    I believe what i post.     Like my past posts, when i told people to own physical gold/silver over 12 yrs ago the crowd had your opinion.     They saw no relevance in bullion.      Today most everyone can see the writing on the wall and physical gold/silver is owned by the crowd.    It is good to be ahead of the game.      All the authors have been wrong w/ timing but not w/ their facts.       I do not understand cryptos so i will not invest or recommend them to anyone.     The world is looking for alternatives to the USD so cryptos will probably do OK.      The present/past rules at some point will change.      This rule will not change, he that owns the gold makes the rules.     Today that is China/Russia.      Remember China's gold army?       The manipulation that keeps happening today will soon come to a end.      It is very wise to own bullion and Chinese.   Give it time to unfold, then there will be no disagreements.....

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #106 on: February 03, 2018, 06:38:53 PM »
I believe pure bullion (brand depends on your geography) is the best form of physical gold to own if you plan on selling fast especially if you have lots of coins to move.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #107 on: February 03, 2018, 11:06:45 PM »
For certain countries, like Singapore only .9999 gold is duty free to bring into the country, so american eagles (0.9167) are a bad choice to own if you plan to take your gold on the road. 

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #108 on: February 05, 2018, 07:49:05 PM »
A stock market crash (a.k.a. correction) is in the offing either within the next few months or two years. This is the traditional pattern. Those who are experienced know what to do. The inexperienced, unfortunately, will compound their losses when that happens. Those who need some of their gains normally will take it now. Those who have a longer horizon will just continue to invest. If the market corrects in a substantial way strategic selling and reinvesting will realize some capital loss tax opportunities. Also that is when money on the sidelines swoops in to scoop up cheap bargains!

I still don’t understand gold and silver but they seem to be more liable to hyping and manipulation. Therefore, much care has to be exercised when investing in those metals. A long term perspective may be in order here. If you are collecting as a habit and plan to move it on to the next generation, keep on enjoying your hobby!

February 2018
US Stock Market "correction" Day#2
Not yet a crash
But what do I know?
I am just a Panda coin collector!  N16  N17  :lol:
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline silverpv

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+9)
« Reply #109 on: February 05, 2018, 08:06:01 PM »
Yeah.. no where is safe right now.. Every where is a ticking time bomb.

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #110 on: February 05, 2018, 10:26:45 PM »
USD is always a safe haven, we are lucky in that respect.

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #111 on: February 06, 2018, 05:04:12 AM »
USD is always a safe haven, we are lucky in that respect.

jim rickards

https://www.moneymetals.com/podcasts/2018/01/26/politicians-lying-about-us-dollar-001391

....By the way, Russia and China have both tripled their gold reserves in the last 10 years. If you use 2006, slightly over 10 years. If you use 2006 as a base line, Russia has gone from 600 tons to almost 2,000 tons. China, same thing, from 600 tons to almost 2,000 tons. Although, China no doubt has more ... the 2,000-ton figure is the official number, but they actually have a lot more than that that they keep off the books. The country is officially buying it, but the people are buying it also. I see a lot of interest in Australia and we just spent 10 days in Australia very recently and I see the same interest in Europe. The people who don't get it are Americans. I don't know why. Maybe it's because we have the dollar and the dollar's the major global reserve currency. Maybe Americans don't get out enough.

There's a surprising statistic, only 16% of Americans even have passports, 16%. That's the percentage who even have passports. Of those, most of them no doubt use them to go to the Caribbean, or Canada, or Mexico, or Bermuda. Maybe they take a trip to London or Paris once a year, Italy or something on a vacation. The number of Americans who have actually been to China or for that matter, Japan, Australia, or Africa, or anywhere else, is very, very few. Look, I don't blame people if they haven't been around, but you should understand that it's a big world out there and there's an enormous demand for gold, but I don't see it in America. I think Americans will be the last to catch on....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #112 on: February 06, 2018, 07:21:29 AM »
I think the safe haven is changing from USD to gold/silver minted in China.     Give it time to unfold....

The opinions i like from Rickards is when he travels to the 3 refineries in Swiss? that accept, refine and supply the world w/ gold.
His past articles says gold supply for these refineries is getting very low and 1 may refinery may close...   

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #113 on: February 06, 2018, 01:10:17 PM »
Gold demand trends of 2017, published by World Gold Council today.

https://www.gold.org/research/gold-demand-trends/gold-demand-trends-full-year-2017

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #114 on: February 06, 2018, 10:37:10 PM »
Two takeaways:

1) Total investment demand took a big hit of 23% in 2017 with US ETF down 63% in demand, while China up 8%.  Gold is moving form the West to the East as pandemonium as been saying for years, maybe 2017 is the inflection point year where US investors throw in the towel forever on gold (it certainly seems that way on the front lines of the coin market). 
https://www.gold.org/research/gold-demand-trends/gold-demand-trends-full-year-2017/investment

2) Russia central bank is on tear to buy up gold, check out the chart, would love to see similar chart for China.
https://www.gold.org/research/gold-demand-trends/gold-demand-trends-full-year-2017/central-banks

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #115 on: February 09, 2018, 12:44:39 AM »
Chart of the day, PCGS stock price.  35% drop after reporting bad earnings.  Buying opportunity or first nail in the coffin?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CLCT?p=CLCT

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #116 on: February 09, 2018, 12:50:03 AM »
Chart of the day, PCGS stock price.  35% drop after reporting bad earnings.  Buying opportunity or first nail in the coffin?

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CLCT?p=CLCT

If the dividend is not on the chopping block it yields 7.8% now.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

• Supporter
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #117 on: February 09, 2018, 01:04:08 AM »
The drop is mainly due to cut in the dividend by 50%, forward dividend rate is roughly 4%.

The Board of Directors approved a dividend of $0.175 per share for the third quarter of fiscal 2018.  This represented a reduction from the quarterly dividend of $0.35 per share that we have previously paid to our stockholders.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/collectors-universe-reports-operating-results-210300173.html

Also David Hall has been an aggressive seller of shares in the last 12 months.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CLCT/insider-transactions?p=CLCT

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #118 on: February 09, 2018, 01:12:23 AM »
The drop is mainly due to cut in the dividend by 50%, forward dividend rate is roughly 4%.

The Board of Directors approved a dividend of $0.175 per share for the third quarter of fiscal 2018.  This represented a reduction from the quarterly dividend of $0.35 per share that we have previously paid to our stockholders.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/collectors-universe-reports-operating-results-210300173.html

Also David Hall has been an aggressive seller of shares in the last 12 months.

https://finance.yahoo.com/quote/CLCT/insider-transactions?p=CLCT

Statement: I have no, none, zero inside knowledge of David Hall's actions, or anything else going on at PCGS, for that matter. I didn't even know he is a seller. That said, I can think of less obvious reasons that could explain the selling, but it is pure speculation on my part. I just wouldn't jump to any conclusions.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+48)
« Reply #119 on: February 09, 2018, 01:37:43 AM »
All knowing KeyDatePanda1/2s, please predict where the DOW Jones is headed next. I want to know if you truly are profetic, or just another Harry Dent :)