Author Topic: CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set  (Read 9396 times)

Offline beethovenooie

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set
« Reply #45 on: December 01, 2017, 06:25:32 PM »
mmisinglink...I sent email to you,,tx  pete

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #46 on: December 04, 2017, 09:07:41 AM »
Sold for $255    Ebay 282753451757       4  Feng  The Souvenir for Chinese Excavation medals.    Gilt brass?  Aluminum?    I remember seeing some of these medals on ebay in the past but ignored them.      Maybe this higher price will bring more to market.     All these gilt brass or aluminum medals are very rare and much more rare then Feng's 5 silver sets.      The market is asleep but will awaken when a publication or article comes out.....

Rarest...

1 CATTE gilt brass set w/ box...

7 CATTE aluminum single medals...

1 The Souvenir in Xianying in China gilt brass w/ box

next rarest...

4 The Souvenir for Chinese Excavation single medals.....(have seen others in the past)

4 & 5/6  Gilt brass Archaeological sets w/ wrong boxes....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #47 on: December 05, 2017, 07:30:39 AM »
This group sold for a lower price due to seller based in New York and auction ending at 8 am EST or 5 am PST on the West coast.     Ebay prices are lower for off hours auctions or holidays.     I do not think we will see sets or groups of these medals selling for $25 to $50 anymore but i hope we do.      Maybe more will be listed......

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #48 on: February 06, 2018, 06:32:11 PM »
Sold on Super Bowl Sunday before the game.     Ebay 372204781553   $31    CATTE aluminum Kneeling Soldier.    See ebay photos...

Seller sold 2 Kneeling Soldier $31 each...

That brings the total of CATTE aluminum to 9 medals..... 2 Rhino, 2 Kneeling Soldier, 2 Camel & a Horse, Bird w/ ring & Dragon.

RAREST;  tie for 1st

The Souvenir in Xianying in China gilt brass /w box   1 set = 4 medals

CATTE gilt brass set box                                          1 set = 6 medals

Next rarest: 2nd

CATTE aluminum                                                     9 medals

Next:   tie for 3rd

Gilt brass Archeological sets in wrong box                  4 sets + 5 = 29 medals

Souvenir for China Excavation medals                        4 medals plus others seen in the past

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #49 on: February 09, 2018, 11:57:16 AM »
Maybe Fwang posted this link earlier.     It makes sense to me a Chinese coin collector could interview Feng in China to write a publication but so far no luck.     I keep pulling chains to accomplish this task and will continue to do so.     The Grandfather of MCC medals should have some importance.     Some experts say pre MCC so no big deal while others totally believe in his contributions to the Chinese coin/medal community and have high regard for him.      As stated earlier, many Asian dealers/collectors have never heard of him.     The author of a publication should so well selling a book on Feng Yunming.....

here is the link:  http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_4e39865b01009n89.html

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #50 on: May 29, 2018, 11:59:55 AM »
I will post here so i do not have to answer questions to others.      Please correct me if i am wrong or if new info comes out...

All the info we have on Feng Yunming including Fwang's translation blog, comes from Mr Yu Fuhui.     Mr Fuhui was Feng's neighbor and is a serious medal collector.    Coin dealers in China know Mr Fuhui.   
I believe Yu Fuhui is a honest gentleman.    If he was dishonest then that would be known.     His blog above shows his Feng info but his main blog has many Chinese collectible items.    http://blog.sina.com.cn/artmedal
Mr Fuhui is the only person i know of that has interviewed Mr Yunming and says Feng is the Grandfather of Chinese medals.   Does Feng have China Mint paper proof from back in 1978?   Anyone that holds that title of Grandfather of Chinese medals will have great importance in the near future.   
If i lived in China, i would make a bee line to Mr Fuhui and Mr Yunming to ask questions.    Why has anyone not done that?   
Hopefully others will see my reasoning in this post and this will answer questions.      IF Feng is the Grandfather of Chinese medals then why are his contributions ignored?....... 

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2018, 01:51:32 PM »
Temple of Heaven gilt brass     $33                                                Ebay 382528164829...Have seen 2 in 5 yrs..

Archaeological gilt brass   $25 each      6 total                                 Ebay 192602842215..
                                                                                                   Ebay 192602843121..
                                                                                                   Ebay 192602855644...
                                                                                                   Ebay 202374107980..
                                                                                                   Ebay 202374113293..
                                                                                                   Ebay 202374114007....29 + 6 = 35 total medals...

Ebay photos....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2018, 01:57:33 PM »
RAREST in order      (non silver)
                                                                                                               Total known at this time
Temple of Heaven gilt brass                                                                            2 medals
The Souvenir of Xianying gilt brass 4 pc set  box                                   1 set = 4 medals
CATTE gilt brass  6 pc set  box                                                             1 set = 6 medals
CATTE aluminum                                                                                            9 medals
Souvenir for China Excavation  gilt brass?                                                         4 medals plus others seen in past/not recorded
Archaeological gilt brass  (same a silver Archaeological)                                    35 medals

photos on previous pages, this topic...

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #53 on: August 04, 2018, 06:17:00 PM »
For those that have received my email,  Google to  "Feng Yunming and early semi official medals".      He is the Grandfather of MCC medals.   Stop to think about that.....

Hopefully i can motivate a Chinese expert to interview and research...

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #54 on: August 12, 2018, 08:01:48 AM »

Temple of Heaven gilt brass                     3 medals               

Dealer in China has one and has seen a few on the market there but little demand as they are unknown....   at this time...