Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
What are the differences between Proof Reader Edition and 1st Edition?

Is it worth to buy the 1st Edition, if i had already the Proof Reader Edition?
General Discussion / Re: Official Mint Medal Official Panda Issue
« Last post by PandaCollector on Yesterday at 11:31:28 PM »
For NGC an official issue is one struck by a government mint. If you have the COA that will tell you which government.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia  — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

A flyer from the China International Coin Expo that features the new book and its authors.

An extended interview with the trio will appear in the next issue of China Pricepedia.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia  — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Thanks for all the info guys. The 1984 silver and brass goldfish would have to be my favourite Chinese medals and very interesting learning about the different strikes etc. I think these may one day be very valuable, it seems there are even less brass examples than silver ones huh! :001_tt1:
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 06:04:03 PM »
I hope NGC responds to this post.     When i see errors or mistakes i always contact NGC but this time do not know if they take it seriously so may as well post here.       When the world wakes up to Chinese money then mistakes like this will matter a lot more.   NGC should eventually address & fix the problem....

jsmineset   Information Clearing House  "EU to switch from USD to Euro on oil trades from Iran".        Just a matter of time now for the Petro Yuan to pick up steam.    This will only help bring more attention to Chinese money and their rare coins/medals....
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: 1997 Silver Unicorn Variety
« Last post by poconopenn on Yesterday at 03:58:35 PM »
Just check eBay listing of 1997 1 oz. silver unicorn. For BU, 22 are curl and 3 without curl. For proof, 5 are curl and zero without curl.

Here are NGC graded PF69UC without curl, 3567286-032 and 3567286-038. Both coins were in a old holder.
« Last post by PandaOrLunar on Yesterday at 02:09:11 PM »
"...Would it be wise for NGC..." 

OMG common sense.  What is wrong with you talking logic.
« Last post by fwang2450 on Yesterday at 12:41:04 PM »
Neither was made by official Chinese mints.
General Discussion / Official Mint Medal Official Panda Issue
« Last post by pandamonium on Yesterday at 11:20:10 AM »
For now i have this example but have seen a few in the past...

1)   What the heck is Official Mint Medal?    It says this on the 1992 Military Taiwan medal i posted earlier but others say it is Taiwan not China.   I asked pandawill but no response.   Is Official Mint Medal Chinese or some other country?  see photo...

2)    What is Official Panda Issue?    1989 PF 69 HK Expo silver panda 5 oz     Ebay 232383058177    This slab says Official Panda Issue but COA says British Royal Mint.      Is Official Panda Issue from China or some other country?    see ebay photos...

Label errors?    Why the confusion?

Would it be wise for NGC to put the country it was minted in on the label?...
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: buying ungraded panda coins
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Yesterday at 05:47:41 AM »
thanks for the feedback. i'm wondering if ngc notifies the member of the grade prior to shipping the coin back and allows for bumping up a tier by the member to cover for insurance in the case of the coin grading higher than expected.

NGC sends you the grade by email just as they despatch the completed job to you. I suspect it will be too late then to change the value. But you could talk to them on the phone ahead of time although this could add more complexities to the process!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10