Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Based on the ABOVE test, argbp2 has won BOTH auctions with his bids of $625 and $650, which were posted at 9:27pm (and 23 seconds) Pacific time!
Test post to  verify time stamp. It is currently 7:21am Pacific time!
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on Today at 06:53:41 AM »
論壇首發….1907丁未壹圓樣幣兩版與1908造幣總廠七錢二分……龍家族共同暗記真相揭密…
1.   相同造幣廠前後期設計製造的系列錢幣.防偽巧思與暗記佈局通常具有沿用的慣性.應是考量不搞複雜及易於統一辨偽.
2.   玩藏錢幣化繁為簡.就是要尋出同系列錢幣家族的特徵規律性..方便於尋真探真..
3.   1907丁未壹圓不同版樣幣在字面.龍面皆設有蝕刻共同暗記.1908造幣總廠沿用丁未壹圓龍圖..同時沿用了大部分的暗記佈局.甚至嚴謹如馬齒特徵亦極度相似.兩幣種最明顯差異在丁未壹圓龍眼附近有一道蝕刻切線造成破相.猜想就是丁未壹圓樣幣未能發行流通的原因.1908造幣總廠發行流通時就少了這道龍眼旁蝕刻切線.附圖一因左側採光拍攝未能顯現這道蝕刻切線....俺是故意的..給看垂直線…
4.   真幣查有不對稱圖文.及人為刻意的瑕疵暗記.蝕刻暗記多數是以非直線及不斷透的原則呈現.明示刻意人為…宣統三年長鬚龍亦如此...這就是所謂防偽設計的智商成分.
5.   1907丁未壹圓.1908造幣總廠兩幣種..在假幣入盒的衝擊下…全中國找不出幾枚真幣….事實就是如此…..歡迎有心人驗證..
6.   附圖一3枚造總龍截圖皆不同版.共同暗記知多少?..…
General Discussion / Re: China and Chinese Numismatics
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Today at 12:59:51 AM »
I quoted the China Daily precisely because it is government owned, as are all the official mints. The mints will always, always follow the direction of the Party as reflected by the China Daily. You may be aware of this already. The China Daily can provide insights for the rest of the world to understand events, too.

Some of the numismatically-connected people who rumor suggests may be involved are people I have met. Over time I have grown to believe that, overall, their actions have not been beneficial to collectors and the numismatic community. So the changes that I have heard about so far do not seem arbitrary or misguided. That said, this is an area where little is ever confirmed.

Unfortunately, a majority of younger generation do not care about coin collecting. They hardly even use coins in their daily life any more.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com

I am not that pessimistic because “collecting” is a human trait; they will eventually come around to it in their own particular way. The only problem is what shape the narcissist baby boomers leave the whole field in, because they have always been resource hungry to the exclusion of others.

But those shiny metals have an age old allure that will eventually attract the young bucks’ currently defocussed gaze.
General Discussion / Re: China and Chinese Numismatics
« Last post by PandaCollector on Yesterday at 11:22:15 PM »
You are quoting of China Daily, a publication owned by Chinese Communist Party. It may not represent the view of ordinary Chinese. 10-20 years from now, we will find out if the anti-corruption activities are real or just political purging of competitive section of the communist party. Majority of younger generation do not care about what is going on with the Government.

I quoted the China Daily precisely because it is government owned, as are all the official mints. The mints will always, always follow the direction of the Party as reflected by the China Daily. You may be aware of this already. The China Daily can provide insights for the rest of the world to understand events, too.

Some of the numismatically-connected people who rumor suggests may be involved are people I have met. Over time I have grown to believe that, overall, their actions have not been beneficial to collectors and the numismatic community. So the changes that I have heard about so far do not seem arbitrary or misguided. That said, this is an area where little is ever confirmed.

Unfortunately, a majority of younger generation do not care about coin collecting. They hardly even use coins in their daily life any more.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
www.pandacollector.com
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: What's on your shelf?
« Last post by mcc168 on Yesterday at 09:41:02 PM »
Thank you poconopenn for your support.  Thank you GoldenLord for your purchase, Thank you wg for your kind word and support. And Thank you 1668Chris for your purchase too. Happy holidays to all!
I like it
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Yesterday at 07:14:22 PM »
Mcc168

Thanks for the book. This is an excellent book, very informative with many background information about the earlier MCC as well as the name of designer and engraver for all MCC.  Just like any subscription of stock analysis, you have to pay extra for advanced copy, since time is money. IMO, you have provided a valuable service to let MCC collectors to aware about the new book and nothing to apologize.

Good to read this; validates the prior move to compile a database of such information in our forum archives: http://china-mint.info/forum/index.php?topic=11512.0
« Last post by poconopenn on Yesterday at 05:43:15 PM »
Mcc168

Thanks for the book. This is an excellent book, very informative with many background information about the earlier MCC as well as the name of designer and engraver for all MCC.  Just like any subscription of stock analysis, you have to pay extra for advanced copy, since time is money. IMO, you have provided a valuable service to let MCC collectors to aware about the new book and nothing to apologize.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10