Author Topic: Macau and Singapore Lunars  (Read 3927 times)

Offline ?

• Trade Count: (0)
Macau and Singapore Lunars
« on: June 17, 2011, 08:36:20 PM »
Dear Members,

I am wondering, if any of you collect the silver Lunar series of Macau and Singapore. As far as I know Macau was the first "country" to start a Lunar series in 1979. Mintages of 4,000 to 6,000 might be deemed high for a small place like Macao but given that it was reintgrated into China in the late 90's these coins might easyly find their way into the Chinese mainland market, which makes them considerably scarce. Especially, if you are after coins with certificate and orginal box.

Singapore offers some beautiful coinage, too, especially since they started the 2 oz "piedfort" issues in 1993. Mintages of modern issues are higher but there is also a 20 gr silver coin with 6,000 only which seems to be for the local market. 5 oz Coins are really hard to get here as the have a mintage of only 250.
Of course, there are gold coins, too.

I appreciate, if share your views on these series here.

Btw. if someone has coins to offer, I am interested in Macau 2002, 2004, 2005 and 2007 and Singapore 2005 (both 2 oz and 20 gramms) and 2008 and 2009 2 oz. Please PM me for exchange against either cash or other coins of these series.

greetz anwir