Author Topic: [SELLING] PCGS MS69 1oz Gold 2001-D Panda  (Read 502 times)

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
[SELLING] PCGS MS69 1oz Gold 2001-D Panda
« on: November 07, 2017, 03:00:37 PM »
Hello,

I am selling another freshly graded coin: a 2001 "high D" 500 yuan 1oz gold panda. I hope to get about $2,100 USD for this scarce coin - free shipping worldwide - much cheaper than all 3 currently available on eBay !

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: [SELLING] PCGS MS69 1oz Gold 2001-D Panda
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 09:28:24 PM »
Freshly graded and PCGS doesn't make sense to me.  PCGS coins are trading at 5-15% discount to NGC, why grade anything with PCGS if the intent is to sell?  I had 3 PCGS MS69 coins come in last week, first thing I did was crack and submit to NGC, I don't even bother trying to sell PCGS coins unless they are 70 which is slightly better than NGC 69.

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2017, 11:14:34 PM »
I also had that thought, but with a name like dragondollar, maybe is a member of PCGS and not NGC? PCGS is more revered for their standard of grading older numismatic items, yeah?

Offline dragondollar

« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2017, 04:10:50 PM »
I know there is a discount for PCGS coins, however it is very inconvenient to submit coins to NGC from France (basically you need to send the coins to the US by yourself). On the other hand, I am used to PCGS services (for older coins indeed) and I can drop the coins in their Paris office in person, and get them back super fast...

This is a nice coin nonetheless, and I'm willing to sell it rather cheap to buy some other older coins, so I hope somebody will want to offer this poor PCGS bear a new home   N16

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2017, 07:46:03 AM »
dragondollar;   you favor vintage coins over newer gold pandas?    could you give some details why?.........

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2017, 08:35:42 AM »
NGC has a submission office in Munchen (Munich) Germany.  Why not submit to this office in Germany instead of sending to the USA? or drop them off when you are in Munchen for Octoberfest.

This summer, I visited the NGC office in Kowloon.  Friends were submitting coins.  Apparently, the NGC office accepted the coins, sent them to Sarasota for authentication, grading and encapsulation.  Then, the graded coins are sent back to the NGC office in Kowloon where these friends will retrieve them in early December (during the next coin show).

Mark Bonke

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2017, 11:04:13 PM »
Map showing NGC submission centers worldwide; copied from the most recent Pricepedia.
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline dragondollar

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2017, 04:36:35 PM »
@pandamonium: I have been focusing on Szechuan dragon dollars for a while, there is very interesting and beautiful varieties that can still be collected at "reasonnable" prices. Szechuan coins is still a relatively obscure area of Chinese numismatics due to complexity (about 200 varieties !) and the more tightly knit community (you need relationship to get access to the most interesting/rare coins). It's just really fun and rewarding in my opinion.

I will post some pictures if you are interested, I have accumulated rare and interesting specimen during the last years.

@bonke: I am aware of the München submission center, but that would be a costly trip if I went for a single coin ! I submitted a bunch of Szechuan dollars along with this panda, so going with PCGS was just easier and made more sense economically as well.

Offline panda

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2017, 07:17:12 PM »
I will post some pictures if you are interested, I have accumulated rare and interesting specimen during the last years.

support

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2017, 07:47:55 AM »
@pandamonium: I have been focusing on Szechuan dragon dollars for a while, there is very interesting and beautiful varieties that can still be collected at "reasonnable" prices. Szechuan coins is still a relatively obscure area of Chinese numismatics due to complexity (about 200 varieties !) and the more tightly knit community (you need relationship to get access to the most interesting/rare coins). It's just really fun and rewarding in my opinion.

@bonke: I am aware of the München submission center, but that would be a costly trip if I went for a single coin ! I submitted a bunch of Szechuan dollars along with this panda, so going with PCGS was just easier and made more sense economically as well.

Yes, please do post photos.     The more information the better.       I have read that vintage Chinese have demand so just curious to where the market is at.     Seems vintage and cryptocoins have taken some cash from the MCC market.     Plus the liquidation of some of the Coin Exchanges have had some impact on the MCC market.              What vintage money in China is not collectible?    Szechuan dragon dollars might be new to me and this forum.......