Author Topic: backup and restore  (Read 42184 times)

Offline snowball

• 猫迷
  • Administrator
  • Trade Count: (+28)
    • China Mint
backup and restore
« on: September 13, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
Hi All

A mistake was made yesterday on removing some of barsenault's posts causing many broken conversations and confusions.   In order to get those posts back to their original threads, I made a full server backup and restore.  The latest server backup was done on 3am yesterday.  Therefore, after the restore, all data added to the forum after 3am yesterday, 9/12, were lost.  I sincerely apologized about that. 

Upon barsenault and andrewlee10's requests, I have deleted their accounts from the forum permanently.  I am also going to remove their posts manually, only if the removal of those posts wouldn't break any conversations.

best regards,

snowball
Happy Collecting!  快乐收藏!

Colin
CE Collection Inc.
China Mint | Online Store

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
Re: backup and restore
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 01:36:11 PM »
Hi All

A mistake was made yesterday on removing some of barsenault's posts causing many broken conversations and confusions.   In order to get those posts back to their original threads, I made a full server backup and restore.  The latest server backup was done on 3am yesterday.  Therefore, after the restore, all data added to the forum after 3am yesterday, 9/12, were lost.  I sincerely apologized about that. 

Upon barsenault and andrewlee10's requests, I have deleted their accounts from the forum permanently.  I am also going to remove their posts manually, only if the removal of those posts wouldn't break any conversations.

best regards,

snowball

Looks like we have to repost materials from the last 24 hours or so! Important for the coin sales pages to be reposted too!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 03:21:14 PM »
Was any differential, incremental, or other type of backup done where the administrator can restore the last 24 hours so users do not need to be involved?

Offline SANDAC

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2015, 03:53:19 PM »
Looks like we have to repost materials from the last 24 hours or so! Important for the coin sales pages to be reposted too!
Also remember the PM of the last 24 hours are also lost, so be sure to re-Do your PM.