Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Buying: 1985 Tibet or Xinjiang Proof Coins/Sets
« Last post by aupanda on Yesterday at 11:41:32 PM »
What are you offering? I believe I know a seller (not a member of this forum). Send me a pic of what youre looking for and I'll check to make sure he's got it. I'm thinking the Tibet set.

PMed, currently offering $2850 for Tibet and $3980 for Xinjiang if coins are NGC69, slightly less if grades lower or OMP.
« Last post by Mirkkanen on Yesterday at 11:30:04 PM »
What are you offering? I believe I know a seller (not a member of this forum). Send me a pic of what youre looking for and I'll check to make sure he's got it. I'm thinking the Tibet set.
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Buying: 2000 1/20 Mirrored Ring Gold Pandas
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Yesterday at 09:58:43 PM »
I don’t know what the possibility is for getting the coin in this price range.
« Last post by aupanda on Yesterday at 08:42:41 PM »
NGC graded ones and OMP both welcome
Buy, Sell & Trade / Buying: 1985 Tibet or Xinjiang Proof Coins/Sets
« Last post by aupanda on Yesterday at 08:41:26 PM »
Please PM if you have any for sale...
Buy, Sell & Trade / Re: Buying: 2000 1/20 Mirrored Ring Gold Pandas
« Last post by aupanda on Yesterday at 08:40:04 PM »
Still buying N16
I am fortunate to own the gold version, and it is a uniquely stunning art piece.  The 3D effect seems far better than many. 
Thanks for sharing the fascinating story. I tracked down the original sculpture long time ago, which is located in Peace Osaka. This post in Chinese shows what it looks like: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_5dd7145d0102vuso.html. It also mentions the copy in Beijing and the effort to restore it. Another post has more pictures of the copy in Beijing: http://blog.sina.com.cn/s/blog_9c1877310101ivr8.html.

By recreating this image on a coin, the 3D effect is kind of weakened, though the posture largely remains the same.
General Discussion / Re: Red spots on gold coin
« Last post by Mirkkanen on Yesterday at 11:26:17 AM »
All you need to do is simply take a flame to the surface of the coin and the red spot will burn right off immediately, without damaging the coin. If a coin is sealed within plastic packaging, of course, you will not want to take a flame to it. This is what NCS does. It's not rocket science.
General Discussion / Re: Red spots on gold coin
« Last post by Gorder on Yesterday at 11:11:15 AM »
I do not believe that red spots will degrade the surface of the coin. You don't have to worry about damage to the coin, simply eye appeal issues. But yes, you can send the coin into NGC and NCS and they will remove the spot for you and re holder it. With 99% likelihood you will get the same grade as what was previously on the slab.

I hope you're right, Mirkkanen. I have a coin that has a red spot as well, and I think it developed after I first got it since I didn't notice it at all after a close inspection. I feel kind of relieved after reading this.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10