Author Topic: Two extremely rare 1982 patterns in modern Chinese session of Hong Kong auction  (Read 2540 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+18)
So about how much will each of these brass pattern coins sell? Thanks.

http://www.stacksbowers.com/BrowseAuctions/LotDetail/tabid/227/AuctionID/6106/Lot/53001/Default.aspx

The auction estimate for each is $75,000-$100,000.  The starting bid appears to be $45,000 ($53,775 including buyer's premium).  That is way out of my price range, and there is a long list of other cheaper coins that are more in my collecting focus that I would buy first if I had it that amount of money.  But, if you get two millionaire bidders, who each want to have an extreme rarity in their panda collection, there is no telling what eye-popping price they could run the auction price up to.  Or it could remain unsold, not attracting the minimum bid, but successful in its role of attracting attention to the upcoming Stacks auction in general.

Offline KeepOnTrying!

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+23)
http://www.stacksbowers.com/BrowseAuctions/LotDetail/tabid/227/AuctionID/6106/Lot/53001/Default.aspx

The auction estimate for each is $75,000-$100,000.  The starting bid appears to be $45,000 ($53,775 including buyer's premium).  That is way out of my price range, and there is a long list of other cheaper coins that are more in my collecting focus that I would buy first if I had it that amount of money.  But, if you get two millionaire bidders, who each want to have an extreme rarity in their panda collection, there is no telling what eye-popping price they could run the auction price up to.  Or it could remain unsold, not attracting the minimum bid, but successful in its role of attracting attention to the upcoming Stacks auction in general.

These are rare coins so any deep pocketed Panda coin enthusiast is forgiven for dreaming of picking them up. They are both historical pieces and their narrative is interesting!
KeepOnTrying and Never Give Up!
That lion is also after you!