Author Topic: Warring States Period Knife Money Auction  (Read 1592 times)

Offline Coinex

• Trade Count: (0)
    • ChineseCoins.com
Warring States Period Knife Money Auction
« on: August 18, 2014, 11:55:00 AM »
This month sees the holding of the August 2014 Hong Kong Auction at the Mira Hong Kong Hotel. Making an appearance during Session A of this exciting event are four pieces of Warring States Period (475 – 221 B.C.) knife money from the state of Qi.

These cast bronze knives, resembling the shape of an old-fashioned barber’s razor, are typified by the number of characters inscribed on them. Qi knives come in three, four, five, or six-character types, and are most commonly found in the Shandong area. They are usually about...

https://www.chinesecoins.com/warring-states-period-knife-money-auction/

Offline aragog

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Warring States Period Knife Money Auction
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2014, 01:33:40 PM »
Thanks for a good link.
I was glad to learn that prices of 2009 colored Ox silver unce coin is raising recently, I had the opportunity to grab two coins in 2010 and could not find any auction on ebay since then. People surely know that this specific coin mintage is destined to be diluted into two different series since it  ends one series starting in 1998 and the at the same time starts a new series of the stylized secession-like design. For me it is actually the N1 coin with the highest potential starting from 2000, followed by Grotto series.