Author Topic: It is frustrating when...  (Read 658 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
It is frustrating when...
« on: November 28, 2016, 04:15:02 PM »
You see a new listing on ebay that looks to be a nice price.  You spend your time researching recent prices and then you pull the trigger and buy the coin on eBay and pay for it with paypal.  Then two days later the dealer calls and says, sorry that one got sold at a show by the other person in the office, so we'll be refunding your payment.  I say, that is the third time over several years that that has happened, you really need to work on your system and promptly delist coins when they are sold, as it is very frustrating for the customer.  He says essentially, "There is nothing we can do about it, but we can give you free shipping on a future order."  I am not impressed.  I offer those thoughts in part to vent my frustration, but also as a heads up to other dealers that this is very annoying.  When I sell a coin at a show, I pull out my phone and simultaneously delist the item on eBay.  It is not that hard.  OK, I feel better now.  Thanks for listening  :biggrin:

Offline PandaOrLunar

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: It is frustrating when...
« Reply #1 on: November 28, 2016, 05:58:55 PM »
or you spend your time researching prices, place a bid, wait couple of days for auction to end, then seller "put the listing".  

opportunity cost!