Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
Chinese Panda Coins / Re: Are Too Many Pandas Being Graded?
« Last post by KeyDate1/2ozPandas on Today at 11:41:28 PM »
The decision to grade a coin is simple, if the incremental value of the coin increase by a multiple of the grading cost then one should grade the coins.  Demand is what determines if and when coins should be graded. 

For example, 1995 1/2 omp, ms68, ms69 all sell for the same price, in this case I no longer grade this coin.  While 1990 1oz proof in omp or ms68 is worth $100 over melt, while PF69 is worth $400 over melt, in this case $15 grading fee is worth it, you are getting 20 to 1 for simply waiting 1 month for NGC to process your lottery ticket. 

There is another approach to consider, how to preserve your coins for the future.  My ordering is NGC slab the best option, OMP in the middle, followed by non-pvc flip, followed tight capsule and finally the worst option PCGS slab.  If you plan to hold a coin for just a few months or a year, this consideration is less important, but if you plan to hold 10-30 years, this will be can important consideration.
« Last post by bender9876 on Today at 06:32:20 PM »
NGC are better than PCGS for pandas
China Imperial & Republic / Re: 1911 China coin to see is to believe
« Last post by linlaujiou on Today at 06:23:40 PM »
補圖….
1.   一眼識丁未
2.   不同幣種不存在修模沿用之說.
3.   見識不對稱.非直線.不斷透.
4.   造假仍需努力..鑑定遙遙落後…橫批..都不用功..
« Last post by poconopenn on Today at 05:11:41 PM »
How does OMP stands against graded in China today?
It´s interesting to read this old treads and see if things changed

IMO, not too much, very few dates have graded panda more than 10% of the known mintage, especially gold panda, less than 5% for common dates. NGC went to China in 2010.
General Discussion / Re: China and Chinese Numismatics
« Last post by poconopenn on Today at 04:57:56 PM »
Here is website of Mrs. Xi Jinping, first lady of China.

Preparation of state banquet at Peoples’ Great Hall.

https://mp.weixin.qq.com/s/0TfvOFxYDBaKDYyGfKcuUg
« Last post by poconopenn on Today at 04:48:32 PM »
Why do you think they have not banned cryptocurrencies? I doubt it is because they are happy that a secret channel exists to bypass their nation's financial regulatory controls. My guess is that they are looking for a method and if and when they find a technical means to enforce a complete ban, they will impose one.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
Bitcoin mining is considered as one of high tech industry which has been the top priority during the last few years for China to be able to transfer from a low margin traditional manufacture industry to a high profit digital products manufacture base. China already has the fast and largest super-computer (overtook IBM last year) and bitcoin mining need high speed super-computers and is a nature extension of this development. In addition, mining of cryptocurrencies has created many high pay jobs.

The suspension of Bitcoin Exchange is the same as the suspension of some of Coins and Stamps Exchange last year, it is for the stability of the financial market due to the fraudulent activities and lack of transparency of the Exchanges.

China may need “free trade” more than other countries in the future, since they want to sell electric cars, airplanes and digital products worldwide. There is no reason to believe that China will restrict the export of collectible items, especially MCC, IMO. The market will be the controlling factor.

« Last post by Agpanda on Today at 01:32:47 PM »
How does OMP stands against graded in China today?
It´s interesting to read this old treads and see if things changed
All the Shenyang I have seen so far had this feature.
What percentage are ejection doubling?    Any rough estimates?      Could it have more value then the correct version?......
« Last post by PandaCollector on Today at 03:12:52 AM »
Most bitcoin transactions are done in Asia, especially in those countries with corrupted government and business practices, such as China, South Korea, Indonesia, Thailand and Japan, since the transactions are not traceable...China has not banned the transaction of Bitcoin, but has indefinitely suspended the operation of Exchanges.

Why do you think they have not banned cryptocurrencies? I doubt it is because they are happy that a secret channel exists to bypass their nation's financial regulatory controls. My guess is that they are looking for a method and if and when they find a technical means to enforce a complete ban, they will impose one.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide 3
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10