Author Topic: Important // As of Monday  (Read 3052 times)

Offline mook

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+1)
Important // As of Monday
« on: January 06, 2013, 04:51:26 AM »
A new Homeland Security provision goes into effect on Monday January 7th, 2013. ANY packages mailed OUT of the USA (not in) will require full disclosure of the contents to be reported to the Homeland Security. A form has to be filled out and full details of sender and recipient must be reported to Homeland Security. The real purpose is to prevent people from mailing “cash” out of the country. That was put in last year making it now illegal to send cash through the mail. Legally they can confiscate all those bills sent in birthday and Christmas cards. This re-enforces that provision of last year.

Again, this is all about MONEY. Those 19 guys & a camel took all rights away that no standing army could ever have done. I guess they are confused between something trying to come INTO the homeland and something LEAVING the homeland. They should just change the name to US Travel & Transportation of Anything Anywhere Agency – Making sure nothing moves without their approval!

http://armstrongeconomics.com/2013/01/05/as-of-monday/

It's sad, freedom is increasingly confiscated  :cursing:

Offline dragondollar

• Trade Count: (+4)
    • Dragon Dollar & Chinese Coins
Re: Important // As of Monday
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2013, 08:24:10 AM »
Hehe this kind of things is the reason why I smirk when some american friends are horrified that I live in China, where "we have no freedom"...

Offline GDG's

« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2013, 10:13:52 AM »
Hehe this kind of things is the reason why I smirk when some american friends are horrified that I live in China, where "we have no freedom"...

Dragondollar,

China is more of a Capitalist Country then America. I don't say this lightly. When I was there I was truly amazed. Often the perception is not the reality. I even heard Jim Rogers say this exact thing appx. 6 months ago. Any American who believes what the mainstream American news media spoon feeds us is mistaken. I believe Russia Today far more then other News Media. America is rapidly losing freedoms while China is gaining freedoms. It you were a momentum investor where would you invest. At the end of the day, I as an American would feel foolish to criticize China. There is to much going wrong here in America for anyone to get on a high horse.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2013, 11:24:17 AM »
Dragondollar,

China is more of a Capitalist Country then America. I don't say this lightly. When I was there I was truly amazed. Often the perception is not the reality. I even heard Jim Rogers say this exact thing appx. 6 months ago. Any American who believes what the mainstream American news media spoon feeds us is mistaken. I believe Russia Today far more then other News Media. America is rapidly losing freedoms while China is gaining freedoms. It you were a momentum investor where would you invest. At the end of the day, I as an American would feel foolish to criticize China. There is to much going wrong here in America for anyone to get on a high horse.

+1
The America I was born in has dramatically changed, the ideals and principals that once made the US a great nation have been thrown aside for profit, control and power.
Let us hope the rising nations today are wise, see this and pay heed for the sake of all humanity.

Offline pandamania

• Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #4 on: January 06, 2013, 11:56:12 AM »
We have met the enemy and he is us. America is only as great as its collective courage and intelligence. Any country who re-elects over 90% of its incumbents whom they give an approval job rating of 10% raises significant questions about either.

Offline BobW

« Reply #5 on: January 06, 2013, 12:06:22 PM »
Homeland Security is trying to curtail money laundering which is estimated to be a $500 billion per year overseas operation. This action is part of a joint international effort.

Offline comeaux

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2013, 01:26:39 PM »
In my opinion this alleged “new provision” is a non-issue as anything we currently ship out of the US already has a basic description of the contents on the customs declaration form. Who cares if it is reported to the Department of Homeland Security? The DOHS is not concerned with coins and other harmless items being shipped in and out of the US unless you are a conspiracy theorist in which you would then probably interpret this “new provision” with more sinister implications.

I’ll be shipping about 40 graded pandas out of the US next week and I’ll report back here if I encounter any issues which I don’t anticipate.

On a comment about freedoms in the USA … I’ve lived here all my life but my wife and I have traveled to many cities around the world, I’ve enjoyed all of my travels but personally would live nowhere else other than the USA … that’s just me. My family and I enjoy our life here in the USA, it’s been awesome. I enjoy the freedom to do whatever I want when I want in a free enterprise society.  :thumbup:     

Offline Juno Moneta

• www.Moneta-Coins.com
    • Temple of Juno Moneta
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2013, 02:12:14 PM »
I agree with 'comeaux' to a point. I've traveled extensively and think the USA is great in most respects. But, the forces of statism, of control of more and more aspects of your life, is advancing fast here now. You personally may not be affected yet, but when it does, and it WILL, it will be too late. This progressivism is being skillfully planned and executed by real pros, the names of whom we know nothing. They've made mistakes in past attemps beginning with the French Revolution, those of 1830 & '48 on through the Russian communist revolution. However, the world is smaller now, global problems are being exploited to convince many to turn over there freedoms for a free ride. There will come a time to choose - comply or resist. I'd rather not participate, but like all earth changing events, you'll get involved involuntarily.
JM - www.Moneta-Coins.com
"I wouldn't join a club that would have a person like me as a member" - G. Marx

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2013, 02:13:09 PM »
Homeland Security is trying to curtail money laundering which is estimated to be a $500 billion per year overseas operation. This action is part of a joint international effort.

The bankers got caught red handed laundering TRILLIONS over the decades in sick fake-war on "drug money" such as HSBC and only had to pay something like a 2% fine and got to keep the rest--no one went to jail.  How does this tie into MCC?  Perhaps, with this much FRAUD in the system the economy will start to decay (ongoing) and cause desperate people to do desperate things.  TSA which is a part  of Dept Homeland Security are not the most honest folks. In fact, if you look up the news there have been NUMEROUS reports of TSA agents stealing Ipads and other items of value.  I fear of taking expensive Gold MCC with me through the TSA as the economy gets worse crime and poverty will increase and this should concern all collectors coming or leaving the US .  Also, this is not a conspiracy theory, just saying...    N30

Offline GDG's

« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 02:24:20 PM »

>>>On a comment about freedoms in the USA … I’ve lived here all my life but my wife and I have traveled to many cities around the world, I’ve enjoyed all of my travels but personally would live nowhere else other than the USA … that’s just me. My family and I enjoy our life here in the USA, it’s been awesome. I enjoy the freedom to do whatever I want when I want in a free enterprise society.<<<     

Comeaux I agree BUT things in America are getting worse with no end in sight.

>>>France’s Esther Duflo, a star economist who was once named one of Time magazine’s 100 most influential people in the world, has been nominated by US President Barack Obama to help shape US global development policy.  <<<

If you Google this woman you will understand the forces shaping the "new" America. I plan on buying a new firearm this week. Being from NY, I'll guess I'll see how many hoops I'll have to jump through to accomplish this buy.

>>>This progressivism is being skillfully planned and executed by real pros, the names of whom we know nothing. <<<

Juno I agree 100% Your entire post was right on

Offline ghostrider80811

« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 02:39:42 PM »
>>>On a comment about freedoms in the USA … I’ve lived here all my life but my wife and I have traveled to many cities around the world, I’ve enjoyed all of my travels but personally would live nowhere else other than the USA … that’s just me. My family and I enjoy our life here in the USA, it’s been awesome. I enjoy the freedom to do whatever I want when I want in a free enterprise society.<<<    

Comeaux I agree BUT things in America are getting worse with no end in sight.

If you Google this woman you will understand the forces shaping the "new" America. I plan on buying a new firearm this week. Being from NY, I'll guess I'll see how many hoops I'll have to jump through to accomplish this buy.

Journal News in NY is publishing the names, addy, type, and ammo etc...of NY residents with a piece online.  First Fast & the Furious, Benghazi Scandal, and CT, now this?  After all the honest citizens turn in their weapons the criminals will come knowing perhaps they have some serious valuables.  I know people that bought themselves a piece because who wouldnt if you had a little money but not quite Bloomberg rich. Not saying you are. I firmly believe one needs to understand how criminals think and not be so naive to whats really going on (IMHO key to protecting one precious MCC collection).  These are all facts and not conspiracy theory, just saying...

Offline pandamania

« Reply #11 on: January 06, 2013, 03:02:24 PM »
If we continue to reelect politicians who we do not respect or agree with does that not give them the option of initiating any laws they desire, including those that have been an infringement on our liberties and the Constitution of the USA.

Offline NBM

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: January 06, 2013, 03:19:56 PM »

If they were serious about stopping money laundering wouldn't some bankers be going to jail... or are the rules just for the little people?

HSBC allowed money laundering that likely funded terror, drugs http://www.nbcnews.com/business/report-hsbc-allowed-money-laundering-likely-funded-terror-drugs-889170

Money-Laundering Inquiry Is Said to Aim at U.S. Banks  http://www.nytimes.com/2012/09/15/business/money-laundering-inquiry-said-to-target-us-banks.html?pagewanted=all&_r=0

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #13 on: January 06, 2013, 09:17:05 PM »
We all know it is corrupt beyond a quick fix.  The best we can do is protect ourselves and be prepared for what is coming down the pike.........

Offline White_Rabbit

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2013, 12:14:29 PM »
Goldendragongirls

I'm also from NY and I would also like know if the process has changed about getting a new firearm. Or are you getting your permit? PM me if you don't want this published.

Anyway there is a new article about Journal News publishing their list of Permit holders

http://www.lohud.com/article/20130110/NEWS03/301100065/Rockland-Legislature-set-vote-gun-locks-program-resolution-condemning-Journal-News-?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|Rockland%20County,%20New%20York

I am not a fan of this newspaper. They seem to hide their decision making under the FOIL Act ( Freedom of Information Law). They always publish people's address in most of their article as they see fit. If someone wants to know where you live, let them do the leg work instead of publishing the info.  Just because you can publish doesn't mean you should. This year they went one step further and made a map to make it even easier to find your home. they are basically advertising who may own firearms to criminals.