Author Topic: 400 Chinese Shipwreck Coins  (Read 1860 times)

Offline robster48

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
400 Chinese Shipwreck Coins
« on: October 29, 2015, 08:01:43 AM »
Good afternoon all

Firstly, I am delighted to have found this informative forum, Ive spent the last few hours reading through some fascinating posts! I am a part time antiques and collectibles dealer and have recently (this year) started to buy and sell coinage, mainly british and USA. Yesterday I acquired a bag full of what I was told are shipwreck chinese coins, dredged up by a trawler in the South China Sea, I dont know when. I am fascinated with shipwreck salvage so couldnt resist having a punt! I would really like to find out a little more about these coins, I have delicately cleaned a couple to see the markings more clearly and I would love to know if someone knows what they are, age etc. There is a variety of coins in this lot but I would assume they are all from the same era!

[img][/img]

I am looking forward to joining in with this community further as I buy more coins!

Thanks in anticipation

Rob

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: 400 Chinese Shipwreck Coins
« Reply #1 on: October 29, 2015, 09:22:58 PM »
Welcome to the forum.

This is Ching Sheng Tung Pao from Annam, dated 1798-1801.

Offline robster48

• New
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2015, 08:59:16 AM »
Thank you for the information. Can I ask, do I have the pictures the right way up? And how do you get this information? Is it top, bottom, right and left? That would really help me. Also, any idea of value, I assume these are common coins?

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2015, 12:26:02 AM »

Offline robster48

• New
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2015, 07:50:09 AM »
Thanks for the info. Unfortunately the ebay description gives no information of this coin, I am keen to learn about this item, any further details would be very much appreciated.