Author Topic: Selling 2000 2/3 oz silver scallop dragon with box & COA NGC PF69 ULTRA CAMEO  (Read 1692 times)

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
For sale: 2000 2/3 oz silver scallop plum blossom flower dragon with box & COA graded and authenticated NGC PF69 ULTRA CAMEO. This is one of my favorite coins. Beautiful, culturally significant, low mintage, and high demand, while also rare in high grades. This coin continues to go up in value steadily. There are only 8 coins known in a high PF69 grade, and there are none finer. That makes this coin very hard to buy, but very easy to sell - a coin everyone wants, but few people have. The best part is that it's still affordable, for now. Its price may not stay within reach of ordinary people forever though, if it continues to climb as it has in the past.
« Last Edit: October 20, 2010, 05:23:44 PM by qwasty »

Offline 25Grizzlies

• Trade Count: (+1)
So impressive.  I'd have this coin over the 2012 issue any day!

Offline BobW

That is indeed a great design and its popularity has increased since Badon started this thread back on August 2010 as the price has since increased quite a bit more despite there are now 75 NGC PF69UCs and 3 NGC PF70UCs.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
There are 35 of these graded by PCGS in DC., 25 of which are PRDC69 and none in 70. I own 2 so 23 out there to buy.

Offline GDG's

• Trade Count: (+4)
Badon,

Smart to keep it. It's not only an exquisite design but that dragon is sooo high relief. I have a 1907 Gaudens High Relief wire rim MS67 and can say these Chinese Modern Dragons from 88 & 2000 really POP a lot better. Also the mintage is so low I believe that they will be too high for the average collector in the not too distant future.

Offline badon

Yes, it all depends on how popular they get, and how much people are willing to pay to get one. With only 6800 minted, and FAR more people that collect these, it is inevitable that prices will have to rise to the point that most of those collectors cannot afford them.

For example, let's say there are 60,000 collectors that want the coin (just like the 2012 dragon's 60k mintage). That means prices ABSOLUTELY MUST rise to the point where 53,200 of those collectors cannot afford it. Lately, that price level have been around $2000 to $5000, depending on the coin's popularity. As we all know, these flower lunars are very popular.

$2000 to $5000 for the key date 2000 2/3 oz silver dragon may not be far away. I'm guessing it will reach $2000 sometime in 2012 or 2013, and almost certainly it will be at that price level by 2015.