Author Topic: newbie  (Read 447 times)

Offline Paul Hyland

• Trade Count: (0)
  • New
« on: June 05, 2017, 02:35:31 PM »
Hi all, just acquired some coins and am in process of identifing them.  the ones i'm having difficulty with are possibly Chinese!   see pics attached. the 2nd pic is the reverse of the 1st pic.   

Offline Paul Hyland

• New
Re: newbie
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2017, 04:55:16 PM »
bump
or should this post be on a different group?

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2017, 05:00:29 PM »
Only one of these pieces, the one second from the left in the bottom row, is known to me to be a genuine China mint product. The others are medals, mostly of a lunar motif, that are not generally valuable or widely collected. Thr piece I pointed out is probably worth $40-50 in brilliant uncirculated condition.

Offline Paul Hyland

• New
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2017, 05:03:40 PM »
thanks very much!

Offline Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2017, 05:05:49 PM »
The others might be genuine mint products, but they are certainly not coins since they do not have denominations. They are likely not very valuable.

Online pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2017, 07:19:37 PM »
I think your gilt snake has value too but not 100% sure.     I would keep them all.    Many experts tell me we are entering into the time frame of Chinese collectibles having increased value and that is obvious to me.       See many unknown brass medals graded w/ high asking prices on ebay so who knows what the future holds for your collection?      Today they seem to grade most everything Chinese.......