Author Topic: Our world today...  (Read 3355 times)

Offline exchange

• Trade Count: (0)
Our world today...
« on: October 16, 2012, 02:02:42 PM »
I took my 8 year old daughter on a Sunday morning walk on 5th Avenue. She knows well the 4 story building where the famous American Girl store is located. She also knows very well we go there to enjoy the beautiful dolls displays and for the free catalogs. She knows she can stay in the store for as long as she wants. She also knows we do not buy our dolls there. A clothed doll will cost you $150. Any accesories for a doll such as a car will cost you $400 (including taxes). A shirt, a dress, a pair of shoes, etc... will cost you the same if not more as if buying them for a real child.

We don't go there to often but when we do, my daughter enjoys herself and I observe. I observe parents buying these highly expensive "plastic" dolls for their children. I also observe their "expressions" when the cash register totals their purchases. One purchase I remember was over $800, and that was for two dolls with several clothing accessories and a bedding set.

What does this have to do with CMC?
Nothing really, it just gives me another reason why it makes sense to buy gold and silver CMC.

Oh, and my daughter buys the dolls she wants at toys r us for $14.99 each fully clothed.
Both of our "expressions" remain the same, before and after purchase.  :001_smile:

exchange
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 02:19:52 PM by exchange »

Offline poconopenn

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
Re: Our world today...
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2012, 02:20:21 PM »
 :thumbup: :thumbup: :thumbup:

Offline dragonfan

« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2012, 02:39:53 PM »
Very nice!  The true and authentic things about life . . . and CMC :)
Thanks for sharing it
dragonfan

Sham Wow

« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2012, 02:51:27 PM »
Awesome story !  :thumbup1:

It is ridiculous the amount of money people will shell out on their child for something that will be played with a few times then thrown in the toy box.

Also I find that Barnes & Noble has awesome deals on books if you hit the “on sale” isles.

I picked up some large, colorful books on animals/forest for $8 and $10 that I don’t believe you could even purchase the color paper for that amount.

Yea it’s Toys R Us, Walmart or Barnes & Noble for my son, the money that is saved goes into his savings account and then either gold or silver along with MCC for his safety box !

Offline dobedo

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2012, 03:06:15 PM »
 :thumbup:
« Last Edit: October 16, 2012, 03:08:43 PM by dobedo »

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2012, 04:54:30 PM »
Great story! I think parents who spend that kind of money are trying to make up for the very little time they spend with their kids. I think your daughter appreciates the time you spent with her 10X more than any $800 spent on plastic dolls.