Author Topic: Coin show in either Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou  (Read 3324 times)

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
Coin show in either Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou
« on: June 29, 2011, 11:04:25 AM »
A question for the Chinese members of our forum.

Last year, I attended the 2010 Beijing International Coin Expo.

This year, I want to attend another major coin show in either Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou.

Suggestions?

Mark Bonke

Offline badon

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Coin show in either Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2011, 10:09:52 PM »
I split this post into its own topic so people can find it.

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 05:23:35 PM »
A question for the Chinese members of our forum.

Last year, I attended the 2010 Beijing International Coin Expo.

This year, I want to attend another major coin show in either Beijing, Shanghai or Guangzhou.

I was thinking of going to this show, but an american dealer says he knows not one american dealer that attends this show???

His feeling was that china's communist state is not one where you want a mistake to happen. Inventory confiscated?   This overblown?

Suggestions?

Mark Bonke
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  
195 south BEVERLY Dr. BEVERLY HILLS

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

DECEMBER: Macau/H.K.

JANUARY: N.Y.

AUGUST: Hong Kong

GO TO my Ebay Click: http://stores.ebay.com/worldcollectibles310

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

PCGS,NGC & PMG Auth. Dealer
美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM
WECHAT: LAMBORGHINICA

Offline bonke

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2011, 08:14:28 PM »
I am a little confused.  It looks like your question is blended in with the quote from me.  Is this Raoul?

Last year, at the 2010 Beijing International Coin Expo, Panda America and many foreign mints (stamp and coin) had booths.  Some were selling and some were not.  If you know Peter and Kitty, please call them and ask them about the complications associated with bringing your inventory to the show.  If I remember correctly (from information at the website for the show), 1) a person bringing coins into mainland China was required to use certain custom's agents to facilitate the entry and exit, and 2) there is a duty of 17% on coins which you do not take back out with you.  So, if you sell coins, you need to mark them up to cover the duty.  Also, you need to anticipate the time involved in clearing customs in both directions.  Still, after wandering around in the show and looking at what was and was not available, a foreign dealer may do very well by selling modern Chinese coins.  You could end up with a large, large stack of yuan for your efforts.

Good luck if you decide to attend any of the shows in mainland China.  I will be in Beijing for part of October and, if there is a show, I may see you.

Mark Bonke

Offline MrOrganic

• WORLDCOLLECTIBLES310
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2011, 10:21:26 PM »
I am a little confused.  It looks like your question is blended in with the quote from me.  Is this Raoul?

Last year, at the 2010 Beijing International Coin Expo, Panda America and many foreign mints (stamp and coin) had booths.  Some were selling and some were not.  If you know Peter and Kitty, please call them and ask them about the complications associated with bringing your inventory to the show.  If I remember correctly (from information at the website for the show), 1) a person bringing coins into mainland China was required to use certain custom's agents to facilitate the entry and exit, and 2) there is a duty of 17% on coins which you do not take back out with you.  So, if you sell coins, you need to mark them up to cover the duty.  Also, you need to anticipate the time involved in clearing customs in both directions.  Still, after wandering around in the show and looking at what was and was not available, a foreign dealer may do very well by selling modern Chinese coins.  You could end up with a large, large stack of yuan for your efforts.

Good luck if you decide to attend any of the shows in mainland China.  I will be in Beijing for part of October and, if there is a show, I may see you.

Mark Bonke

Hello Mark,

Yup its me. I knew you could give me a little insight. 17% duty????  mmmmm no thanx I'll pass on this show :)
EMERGING MARKET GROUP  
195 south BEVERLY Dr. BEVERLY HILLS

Long Beach Expo
..Table #838

DECEMBER: Macau/H.K.

JANUARY: N.Y.

AUGUST: Hong Kong

GO TO my Ebay Click: http://stores.ebay.com/worldcollectibles310

EMERGING MARKET GROUP

PCGS,NGC & PMG Auth. Dealer
美国收藏家 – 收藏中国现代金银

EMGWORLDEWIDE@GMAIL.COM
WECHAT: LAMBORGHINICA

Offline badon

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2011, 12:22:58 AM »
Wealth reported is wealth appropriated.

Offline peng_you

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2011, 11:12:00 AM »
ive never had any problems getting coins into or out of china.

Offline JCoin

« Reply #7 on: September 19, 2011, 09:40:08 PM »
Where can I find information on the dates/venues for these 3 shows?