Author Topic: How has the Long Beach Expo been going? (September 17-19, 2015)  (Read 10470 times)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
  • Trade Count: (+19)
How has the Long Beach Expo been going? (September 17-19, 2015)
« on: September 19, 2015, 02:46:19 PM »
I couldn't make the trip to the Long Beach Expo this year, but I'd love to hear a report from those in attendance.  Is someone willing to step up and give us a few insights into what the scene and action for Chinese coins has been for the past three days?  Or share a few photos?   No detail is too small for those stuck doing work out of state (me) or out of country, and separated from crowds, dealer tables, and coins of the big show  N48

http://www.longbeachexpo.com/showtime

Offline r3globe

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Re: How has the Long Beach Expo been going? (September 17-19, 2015)
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2015, 05:28:45 PM »
I would love that too. Please do share pictures and insights. Thanks :)

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2016, 02:33:33 AM »
long beach expo 2016
june 9 -  june 11

http://www.longbeachexpo.com/dealers

i'd love to hear a report ..

please share some nice pics :001_tt1:

thanks N48

Offline Pandora

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2016, 05:05:29 PM »
Today is the dealer setup day at Long Beach Expo. I am setting up table 1242. Arif has table 740. Come and visit us. Show is open to public from tomortow till Saturday. I will post some photos.

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2016, 08:39:58 PM »
I will be at the Long Beach show tomorrow and will likely visit both Pandora and Arif at their booths.  I'll take pictures of anything exciting.  The show will be full of very nice US coins which I also find exciting.  I'm sure the MCC selection will be fairly sparse this go around.

Offline wg

• Trade Count: (+1)
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2016, 01:49:47 AM »
pandora & obsidian

N66 ;)

:scared:

Today is the dealer setup day

arif and xu h.
:001_rolleyes:

public has no chance to find something interesting :001_tongue:

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2016, 02:03:31 AM »
I did my part in buying every 1/2 and 1/4 I could find priced well. 

Also I didn't set up my display cases during dealer set up so collectors that arrive at 10am on Thursday will have first crack at the coins with more coins coming in at 11:30am when NGC gets their show deliveries. 

Offline Obsidian

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+7)
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2016, 02:06:52 AM »
Yea the dealers will have any good deals locked up on Wednesday.  Collectors like me get to pay retail.  Way it goes.

Offline mazinger7000

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2016, 06:56:10 PM »
had a good time, show seems well attended. got to meet obsidian, pandora and see clark and keydate1/2oz pandas again too. don't know how many good deals are out there for the good stuff but arif had/ has tons of the good stuff for sale--

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2016, 08:16:26 PM »
Thanks for the photos and the report Mazinger7000.  I see a lot of gold pandas in the two left trays in the photo of Arif.  That is to be expected.  Just out of curiosity, however, what are some of the coins in the tray to the far right in that photo, which mostly appear to be something different?

Offline mazinger7000

• Supporter
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2016, 11:41:55 PM »
Thanks for the photos and the report Mazinger7000.  I see a lot of gold pandas in the two left trays in the photo of Arif.  That is to be expected.  Just out of curiosity, however, what are some of the coins in the tray to the far right in that photo, which mostly appear to be something different?

i believe the tray on the right belonged to his booth partner, not arif. and yes, his trays are/ were really loaded with great gold pandas of all denominations.

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+15)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2016, 04:38:53 AM »
The show was great for buying on Wednesday, most were pre arranged deals. Thursday didn't buy anything.  

Thursday was all selling, didn't set up table until 30 minutes prior to show opening.  Majority of the sales were 1oz in ms69, 1oz raw and bunch of 1/4 to a wise forum member that hasn't posted or bought in long while.  Mainland dealers focused on mainly buying non ms69 coins at good prices, they did a good job cleaning the floor of lower grades. Overall one of the best shows in 4 years.  

My table partner didn't sell a single Russian coin in the display next to mine, but sold almost all his gold pandas.

Offline Tao-Panda

« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2016, 07:09:25 AM »
Arif and Pandora,

Great to see you.
You look like very sympathetic guys  ;)

Offline Birdman

• Supporter
  • Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2016, 07:22:55 AM »
The show was great for buying on Wednesday, most were pre arranged deals. Thursday didn't buy anything.  

Thursday was all selling, didn't set up table until 30 minutes prior to show opening.  Majority of the sales were 1oz in ms69, 1oz raw and bunch of 1/4 to a wise forum member that hasn't posted or bought in long while.  Mainland dealers focused on mainly buying non ms69 coins at good prices, they did a good job cleaning the floor of lower grades. Overall one of the best shows in 4 years.  

My table partner didn't sell a single Russian coin in the display next to mine, but sold almost all his gold pandas.

Thanks for the update.

Majority of the sales were 1oz in ms69, 1oz raw and bunch of 1/4 to a wise forum member that hasn't posted or bought in long while.

Is piling into gold pandas now, after not buying for a long while, "wise"?  Perhaps the reasoning is that the G1/4 dates he bought haven't had their run up yet, or that he got a below market price for a bulk purchase?  When the latest Pricepedia commentary describes the gold panda market as blazing red hot, it is good  to be cautious.  If you describe him as wise and a long time member, Arif, I'm sure he is selective and informed, but I'm just doing my duty as a moderator and commenting to get any brand new forum members to pause and consider purchases, and not get blindly caught up in the excitement.  I think there are definitely some good investments left in this market, but there are some coins that no longer seem to be undervalued at current prices.  Or perhaps we are just getting started and there are several legs up remaining in this market?!  I'd love that, given my holdings, but investing in this market is not like a few years ago when finding undervalued gold pandas was like shooting fish in a barrel.  After the last four or five months, one needs to be even more careful and thorough with market research.

Offline Wafdawg

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2016, 10:26:30 AM »

Thursday was all selling, didn't set up table until 30 minutes prior to show opening.  Majority of the sales were 1oz in ms69, 1oz raw and bunch of 1/4 to a wise forum member that hasn't posted or bought in long while.  Mainland dealers focused on mainly buying non ms69 coins at good prices, they did a good job cleaning the floor of lower grades. Overall one of the best shows in 4 years. 

Any MS70s in that display? You know i love my MS70s. Not many posted on your website.