Author Topic: Can NCS Clean Up My Thai Silver PF Coins?  (Read 947 times)

Online Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
Can NCS Clean Up My Thai Silver PF Coins?
« on: June 22, 2017, 04:05:23 AM »
I acquired these 3 coins about 7 years ago, before I knew much about how to preserve silver coins properly, and I tucked them away in a closet. I recently rediscovered them. They are stunning, however, they now have some negative environmental effects: hazing, some light toning, etc.

Can NCS clean these up? Is it worth sending these to NCS and NGC before appempting to sell them? In pristine condition, I believe the set would fetch $800+USD, and I have the original box and CoA.

Ultimately, I will be selling these and it seems like a good time to do so, now that Thailand's revered king, Rama IX, has passed. Do I put them up on eBay as is, or run them through NCS first?

Online Mirkkanen

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+47)
Re: Can NCS Clean Up My Thai Silver PF Coins?
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2017, 04:15:57 AM »
Here is more info about 1 of the 3 coins, screenshots from a recent eBay auction, to help with the dilemma. All 3 have the same pic of the king on the obverse.

Offline TomG

• Trade Count: (0)
Re: Can NCS Clean Up My Thai Silver PF Coins?
« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2017, 12:51:54 PM »
eBay has such a diverse range of collectors. In my opinion, sell them ungraded, as is. Novice and speculator buyers can decide for themselves whether haze is even an issue. Intermediate and expert collectors will already have preferred restoration service providers.