Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10
General Discussion / Re: China and Chinese Numismatics
« Last post by bonke on Today at 11:05:40 AM »
Peter

As you are aware, I am a collector of modern Chinese coins and medals. 

Sometimes, I purchase items from USA-based dealers.  Is something "brewing" which will limit these dealers ability to obtain numismatic material from the PRC?  If so, it would be better for me to know sooner rather than later so that I purchase from these USA-based dealers while they still have inventory. 

Sometimes, I purchase items from PRC-based dealers.  Is something "brewing" which will (in general) limit the ability of numismatic materials to move into or out of the PRC?  If so, this would limit my ability to purchase items from PRC-based dealers.

I have read your post numerous times, trying to understand the underlying meaning and the impact on my ability to pursue my hobby.  Any additional information will be appreciated.

Mark Bonke

I wonder if the 1990 "small P" will suffer a similar debate...given its recent discovery!!!
Seems so, Congratulations
looks like I won the coins because the other bidder bid after the auction end time  :001_rolleyes:
What was end results? Thanks Jim
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: What's on your shelf?
« Last post by 1668Chris on Today at 06:14:57 AM »
Modern Chinese Coins / Re: What's on your shelf?
« Last post by 1668Chris on Today at 06:05:06 AM »
All authors (3) are NGC consultant for MCC. Therefore, all NGC recognized varieties are included in this book.

Based on a recent NGC article 2 of the authors are NGC consultants and 1 is an NGC grader.
1987Y 1/2 Gold Panda (in OMP) $625

2011 1/2 Gold Panda (in OMP)  $650

N16
« Last post by KeepOnTrying! on Yesterday at 11:45:43 PM »
Is this the thesis?

Xi Jinping = anti-corruption crusader = Scores of officials accused of corrupt practices.

People lying low = No more “gifts” for now = Slow down in set building? = Or other effects?

Perhaps the important development in the Chinese economy is the re-engineering from an export oriented economy to one that relies on boosting domestic consumption; still in evolution.

Not an expert in this area; just a well wisher!
« Last post by Pandaguy on Yesterday at 11:35:37 PM »
I fail to see how the same-old, same-old of the Chinese Communist government can/will influence Chinese numismatics. Don't be fooled. What Xi has been doing is only "window-dressing" to set an example for his other buddies to "tow the party line" or be exposed with some trumped-up charges.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10