Forum Information & Support > Forum discussion and help

Badges and Karma

(1/16) > >>

PandaOrLunar:
I just notice that there are Badges now.  Are they helpful to anyone or are they more of making the screen more busy than necessary?

Also notice Karma.  How is the system preventing abuse (such as giving undeserved negative, etc.)?

dynamike51:

--- Quote from: PandaOrLunar on December 04, 2012, 05:21:52 PM ---I just notice that there are Badges now.  Are they helpful to anyone or are they more of making the screen more busy than necessary?

Also notice Karma.  How is the system preventing abuse (such as giving undeserved negative, etc.)?

--- End quote ---

Excellent point.  I have had similar concerns since the new arrival of the "karma" and the most recent "badges". "karma" especially, has NO control whatsoever. Anyone can click on "applaud" or "smite" as he/she pleases - no accountability at all. Unless additional features can be implemented, such as a short comment explaining the rating, or even the user who leaves the comment, I do not see how this feature can add value.

Most recently, there were a couple of new members who obviously "abused" the "karma" system because they didn't like the responses from other members.  As PandaOrLunar points out, how can this be prevented?

snowball:
hi POL

I am still working on the Badge Award system.  Well, it is just for fun. nothing special.      :001_smile:

About karma, there is a 24 hours waiting time between smites or applauds applying to all memebers including mods & admin.  This should prevent anyone giving too many undeserved negative in a short period of time.  In addition, we soon will have a Karma rule for the forum.  

best,

snowball

snowball:
Are the badges really annoying??    :crying:

dynamike51

"Unless additional features can be implemented, such as a short comment explaining the rating"
That is a good suggestion.
Let me see if I can find a karma mod with comment function. 

best,

snowball

PandaOrLunar:

--- Quote from: snowball on December 04, 2012, 07:42:47 PM ---Are the badges really annoying??    :crying:

--- End quote ---

I'm from the old school of if not useful, then there is no need to show it.  Just my 2 cents.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version