Forum Information & Support > Announcements

~~~~~FORUM RULES~~~~~

<< < (2/7) > >>

pandamonium:
I know snowball and he knows me.  I was just teasing and having fun.  Humor is sometimes the best medicine!       :)  .........

wg:

--- Quote from: comeaux on November 08, 2012, 11:17:40 AM ---
( .. ) then we can get poconopenn to come back and offer his infinite wisdom. ( .. )

--- End quote ---

waiting :001_wub: for post 1001

ChineseCoinQuest:
Glad to see you back comeaux! Nice to see you have a positive attitude too, hope you continue giving input on coins. Any thoughts on the possible 2000 frosted panda 50yuan variety?

Birdman:

--- Quote from: comeaux on November 08, 2012, 11:17:40 AM ---Birdman & snowball I totally agree !

CCF is an awesome forum for Chinese coins and that is where the focus needs to be.

Recent changes have made CCF an even more respectable site with many highly knowledgeable members contributing a wealth of knowledge. It is and will be much better than before with logical people moderating. 

Birdman I’m very glad that you and Panda Halves are moderating the site, I’m sure if we can get things to calm down and members cease from slinging obscenities and threats at others then we can get poconopenn to come back and offer his infinite wisdom.  I’m very happy to see Pandacollector still contributing as a member.

--- End quote ---
Comeaux,

I appreciate your pledge to be more civil going forward.

As a moderator, however, it is my duty to point out that some of your recent posts (some of which were deleted by moderators) were against forum rules.  Period.

For this to return to a productive forum without distractions, we must treat others with respect.  Although I am a new moderator and don't know all of the back history, I think part of the reason that a few very knowledgeable people have left this forum is that there have been so many disrespectful and nasty exchanges.  Seriously, put yourself in the shoes of a new member who logged onto this forum today and read all of the posts made by various people during the past 24 hours (including the ones that have been deleted).  You would not perceive this to be a welcoming place.  That is not good.

I am volunteering my time.  And believe me, there is little glory or satisfaction in sifting through some of these exchanges, and thinking about the best course of action.  We must all try to do better and focus on what brought us here in the first place.

I am optimistic that time will heal some wounds, and we will once again be a vibrant community in which knowledge is shared freely and with respect.

Let's move on...

Birdman

(I speak for myself in this note, and my views are not necessarily held by other moderators/admin.)

comeaux:

--- Quote from: Birdman on November 08, 2012, 05:37:59 PM ---Comeaux,

I appreciate your pledge to be more civil going forward.

As a moderator, however, it is my duty to point out that some of your recent posts (some of which were deleted by moderators) were against forum rules.  Period.

For this to return to a productive forum without distractions, we must treat others with respect.  Although I am a new moderator and don't know all of the back history, I think part of the reason that a few very knowledgeable people have left this forum is that there have been so many disrespectful and nasty exchanges.  Seriously, put yourself in the shoes of a new member who logged onto this forum today and read all of the posts made by various people during the past 24 hours (including the ones that have been deleted).  You would not perceive this to be a welcoming place.  That is not good.

I am volunteering my time.  And believe me, there is little glory or satisfaction in sifting through some of these exchanges, and thinking about the best course of action.  We must all try to do better and focus on what brought us here in the first place.

I am optimistic that time will heal some wounds, and we will once again be a vibrant community in which knowledge is shared freely and with respect.

Let's move on...

Birdman

(I speak for myself in this note, and my views are not necessarily held by other moderators/admin.)

--- End quote ---

Hello Birdman,

You are speaking for yourself and I respect that … I agree with most of your post but I think you need to reread some of the old post and possibly validate with poconopenn and Panda Collector why they left as it was nothing that I posted that made these valuable members leave but actually other postings and actions from another member. I just want to set those facts straight right up front. In fact I and many (most) others here agree that poconopenn is by far the most knowledgeable as well as civil member here on this CCF forum and he even stated publicly that I said nothing that constituted being banned or was offensive.   

In fact I was banned for reasons that I and many others still question but then last night the “ex-administrator” is posting extremely vile and disgusting language, throwing the F-bomb around very loosely yet not one word of admonishment was conveyed to that person here on open forum and he was not banned for what all others thought was EXTREMELY inappropriate behavior. It’s all good as I did not respond to that type of lunacy and will not. I do want to point out that my one post deleted was only the post in response to a post directed towards me laced with profanity which should never be allowed on this forum regardless of who a person is or who he was. In fact I’m surprised you did not find his attack on this CCF forum with the post “Don’t use this forum” a blatant violation of the rules and cause for immediate banning.     

As I stated I am here to contribute and move on … in fact I am done with this thread after this post as well but I felt I needed to respond to a slightly accusatory tone of blame. Like I said, I’m here to contribute and will try my best to not respond to insane attacks and vile language but I will only take so much and to be perfectly honest I will not sit back and have me or my family threatened … that is where I will draw the line.

This forum is already a better place and will only improve from here on out with you and Panda Halves assisting snowball. I will do my best to contribute productively.

I am really wishing you good luck at this new position … I honestly think you fit it well.

Thank You   

Ps. Why am I getting the message “The last posting from your IP was less than 60 seconds ago. Please try again later” every time I try to post something? None of the other members are experiencing this?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version