Author Topic: PCGS Agrees to Buyout  (Read 188 times)

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
PCGS Agrees to Buyout
« on: November 30, 2020, 06:19:33 PM »
Collectors Universe to be Acquired by Investor Group Led by Entrepreneur and Collector Nat Turner for Approximately $700 Million

Collectors Universe Shareholders to Receive Immediate and Certain Value of $75.25 Per Share in Cash

Fully Financed Transaction Represents 30% Premium to 60-Day VWAP

NEWPORT BEACH, Calif., Nov. 30, 2020 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Collectors Universe, Inc. (NASDAQ: CLCT) (“Collectors Universe” or the “Company”), a leading provider of value-added authentication and grading services to dealers and collectors of collectibles, today announced that it has entered into a definitive agreement under which an investor group led by entrepreneur and sports card collector Nat Turner, D1 Capital Partners L.P., and Cohen Private Ventures, LLC (the “Investor Group”) will acquire all of the Company’s outstanding shares of common stock for $75.25 per share in cash.

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/collectors-universe-acquired-investor-group-142400274.html

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide`
Home of the Valentine Panda
www.pandacollector.com

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: PCGS Agrees to Buyout
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 04:53:38 PM »
They got taken out at a great valuation.  The buyer is a sports card collector, he probably got sick of waiting 3-4 months for PSA to grade his cards so he decided to buy the company.  Sports cards and especially pokemon cards are crazy hot right now.  I am dusting off cards to sell as I believe they are in a bubble now.   After people go back to work I don't think sports cards will be as hot anymore.  Gold, Platinum and Silver different story as the economy needs stimulus to get back on track, so still bullish on that front.

Offline PandaCollector

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+5)
    • Pandacollector.com
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 05:05:20 PM »
The company's future, including in Chinese coins, looks bright.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide
Home of the Valentine Panda
PCGS Consultant
www.pandacollector.com

Offline Bsandersen

• Trade Count: (+2)
« Reply #3 on: Today at 06:11:13 AM »
Now that the Certified Collectibles Group is grading these cards it should help collectors and dealers get material back in a more timely manner. 

https://www.ngccoin.com/news/article/8365/cgc-trading-cards/

Online KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
« Reply #4 on: Today at 04:28:16 PM »
The problem with cards is PSA is the gold standard, Beckett and CGC are nowhere near PSA prices.  I used to all my cards graded with Beckett because they assigned 4 different grades to a card and then averaged them to get a final grade and you could see the individual grades for corners, surface, etc.  10 years from now it may change, but right now if you want top money it is PSA and only PSA.