Features > Modern Chinese Coins

What's on your shelf?

(1/29) > >>

PandaOrLunar:
What is on your bookshelf?  Let me start with some of my favorite.

PandaOrLunar:

Birdman:
Excellent topic.  Educating oneself by consulting diverse sources is important.  Doing your own research, thinking for yourself, and drawing your own conclusions is good practice.

As people post additional reference books, it would be great to also post where someone might be able to purchase such books online.  I will probably want to order a few of the ones that get listed.  Peter Anthony's Gold and Silver Panda Buyers Guide has been quite useful, and I will order the 2nd edition, but I'd like to expand my library and get different perspectives and reference images.  Thanks.

Birdman:

--- Quote from: Birdman on October 28, 2012, 02:15:37 PM ---Excellent topic.  Educating oneself by consulting diverse sources is important.  Doing your own research, thinking for yourself, and drawing your own conclusions is good practice.

As people post additional reference books, it would be great to also post where someone might be able to purchase such books online.  I will probably want to order a few of the ones that get listed.  Peter Anthony's Gold and Silver Panda Buyers Guide has been quite useful, and I will order the 2nd edition, but I'd like to expand my library and get different perspectives and reference images.  Thanks.

--- End quote ---

As a follow-up... last week I ordered the following two books that I found on http://www.pandaamerica.com/

Book - China 1988-1990 Modern Chinese Commemorative Gold and Silver Coins and Medals 
Book of China Pandas and Other Chinese Modern Issue Gold and Silver Coins (2012 Edition)

I don't know much about them yet, but the delivery is waiting for me to pick up at the post office.  I look forward to perusing them, although I won't be able to read the Chinese.  Can someone else speak to the pros and cons of any of the books listed so far, so that other members might have more information in case they want to order one.  Again, also, please list other vendors that sell such books.

PandaOrLunar:
I bought the same "Book - China 1988-1990 Modern Chinese Commemorative Gold and Silver Coins and Medals" from PandaAmerica last year.

Most of my books are from eBay.  Few were from bookstores around Guangzhou a while back during a visit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version