Author Topic: Summer FUN Show in Orlando  (Read 442 times)

Offline Devlin

• Trade Count: (0)
    • Farrell Antiques and Coins on Instagram
Summer FUN Show in Orlando
« on: July 06, 2022, 02:05:52 AM »
This may be a little late notice but will anyone on here be set up and selling at Summer FUN this weekend or just out there on Friday.

I will be out there walking the aisles on Friday, and I am looking to sell, buy and make some new contacts.

Austin
A small time seller and collector of Chinese Modern coins and unique silver art bars. Based on the west coast of Florida.

Austinfarrell1@gmail.com

Offline KeyDate1/2ozPandas

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+16)
    • China Mint Coins, LLC
Re: Summer FUN Show in Orlando
« Reply #1 on: July 09, 2022, 11:46:47 AM »
Please provide an update of how the show was. 

Airfare pre Covid from Madison to Orlando used to $40-$70 round trip, but now is $700.  We used to go to the show for a few hours to drop of coins to NGC and do a quick sweep of the floor and then go on vacation for the rest of the time.  Also crime at shows is way up, gypsy gangs are targeting tables and dealers so one has to be extra careful and work in pairs.  Days of leaving your table unattended are long gone.  May not set up at anymore shows for this reason.

From what little I am seeing of the market (been traveling 90% this summer for non coin stuff) is the panda market is a little soft, while lunars and cultural are strong. Lower gold and silver has everyone spirts dampened, if metals don’t perform in high inflation market then when will they perform. Bullion spreads for US coins and bars is coming down, more being sold than bought, while number of buyers exceed the number of sellers.  For example, a monster box of eagles with 25 tubes is sold by one seller, that box is being opened and sold to 10-20 buyers buying 1-2 tubes each. So big holders selling to small holders seems to be trend at the moment. Historically the little guy gets it wrong, but then again that is what everyone said about Crytos so who knows if this time will be different.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: July 09, 2022, 04:42:03 PM »
Interesting info.   Crime is just beginning.  Some say 2 million illegals allowed in but others say 6 million for the last 1 1/2 yrs.   Defund police and a perfect crime storm.   Drug cartels are flooding into southern states.  Watch Real America's Voice chl 194 and OAN...

California is removing 70,000 truckers off the road.  What will happen to food supply?   Over 100 food processing plants in the US burnt to ground and that is happening world wide.  The Great Reset....

Whenever bullion is manipulated down the weak hands sell quick, i have never understood that.   Proof silver pandas 1995, 96, 92 maybe some other years are going up but many MCC are flat so that is good for buyers....

Offline cdm collector

« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2022, 06:28:11 PM »
To your question Arif, if metals don’t perform in high inflation market then when will they perform. PM's perform well at the end of a defllationary cycle and poorly during inflationary, it's counter intuitive because gold is
pricing in future inflation. PM's perform when the fed starts pumping liquidity into the system not when it's draining it. The numismatic rarities are just catching up to the move we had in gold when the fed pumped trillions in. Now their
draining hundreds of bullions out. Gold leads, the pullback we've seen was gold pricing in this deflaitonary period that started this year in financial assets. The ratio from financial assets to real assets are at their lowest since 1925 and people
are starting to realize that collectables have scarcity value in a world of digitalization of currency's. Look at who's investing on this theme of finally realizing value in scarcity in the world of digitalization. Steve cohen & Blackstone, the buyers of collectors universe and NGC
arguably the best investment advisors in the world. This theme just started and has a long way to go.

Sentiment in the gold sector is very beaten down especially in gold stocks. As soon as you start seeing the internal deflationary numbers make there way into the system like container freight prices which are down 70%, oil prices, commodity prices, stock prices make their way
into the headline numbers you'll see gold take off higher because their pricing in a less hawkish Fed. We're close and should see it in the next few months.

Pandas are weaker because this is primarily investor demand from master sets, the majority of the pandas not collector demand. If you look at the collector pandas like the rarities there trading much strong than the master set pandas.

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: July 09, 2022, 08:24:32 PM »
NGC article "Two NGC - certified Chinese coins each realized over $500,000" 
One is the 1992 1 Kilo G2000Y PF 69 UC Completion of Lunar cycle

TV - TUBI  Chinese movie not dubbed in English so have clue what they are saying.   "Chronicles of the ghostly tribe".

Offline Devlin

• Farrell Antiques and Coins on Instagram
« Reply #5 on: July 10, 2022, 06:15:09 PM »
A quick review,

I arrived just after they opened on Friday morning. The foot traffic was light, I could easily walk down the aisles without bumping into other people. Very much unlike the big show in Jan.

I do know that the show was sold out, with two hundred dealer tables, but there were several last-minute cancels.  A guy I know got a call from FUN on Monday asking if he wanted a table, he had been on a waiting list.

For the last year, I have been doing smaller shows in the Tampa Bay area, this has helped me connect with many normal coin and bullion dealers, most of them were set up or I ran into them walking around. On a side note, so many of them have been helpful with just general coin show advice and have taken me under their wings. Several of them said they were having a good show and Thursday was a good day.

As for Chinese Modern, I brought several coins to sell. There were three larger dealers that were there, and I did sell some to one of them, I will not put his name out here just out of respect.

The three larger dealers did not have as much inventory as I thought they would have; their cases were a bit "light" in my option.

I sold a few Pandas gold and silver (better years) and a Dragon and Phoenix Silver. 

What threw me off was that I had a Lake Placid silver speed skater (PF69) and a 1997 Culture of the Yellow River set and none of the dealers were into them.  I thought I would be able to quickly sell them.

I did drop off some coins at NGC and was told I was looking at about five weeks to get them back. 

They are looking to hire more graders; they will train you for the job.

I have some info about coin show crime that I will make a separate post late tonight

Oh and next Jan, anyone coming to the show can stop on by and say hello, I am taking the plunge and will have a table set up. 

A small time seller and collector of Chinese Modern coins and unique silver art bars. Based on the west coast of Florida.

Austinfarrell1@gmail.com

Offline PandaAccumulator

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (+8)
« Reply #6 on: July 10, 2022, 07:42:54 PM »
Thanks for the update, Devlin!

PA.