Author Topic: Crystal and other non conforming Chinese collectibles  (Read 573 times)

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
Crystal and other non conforming Chinese collectibles
« on: May 21, 2022, 12:57:16 PM »
For Chinese coin/medal collectors we at times see other Chinese collectibles.  They are cheap so why not add them to the collection?   It is obvious the USD/economy is intentionally being destroyed.  Planned high gas prices will do that.  Photos here of billboards in China that say the Yuan is the next world reserve currency.   Gold is taking center stage soon and China owns the gold.  At some point the Yuan and Chinese collectibles will see rise in value.  I was told years ago by a expert that the Chinese collectible market will take off and we see that w/ Vintage silver dollars today.   Here are some of the non conforming coins/medals i like to collect at times. 

MTB Ridgy Crystal Cube w/ box/coa.  Is Crystal plastic or glass?   I was told it was first Crystal w/ 500 mint.  True?
 Year?  The Panda has mirror legs like early year pre 95 pandas.  A top Chinese collector sold one on ebay recently when he cleaned out his closet.  Why would a top collector hold this MTB Crystal?   Rare to see Crystal on US ebay but some are in China.  They all sell eventually and cheap today.....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
Re: Crystal and other non conforming Chinese collectibles
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2022, 01:06:20 PM »
I need to take more photos as i have several non conforming collectibles.   

This is my favorite Crystal.  Is the Taiwan or Central Mint 1/2 oz silver Fu Lu Shou encased?   I doubt the entire production run was in Crystal.   Year?  Mintage of Crystal?   It sits by my computer and the light flows thru it giving off colors and bling.  Neighbor loves it too.  High price on ebay until seller lowered price to about $100 and took my offer.  Only one I have seen on ebay and a great gift (for me).   About 3 in tall, so small but very heavy.   Glass or plastic crystal?  Any information?....

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2022, 10:13:02 PM »
AMC, US mint, silver panda error.  Sold for more than i thought it would.  A normal one sold for $35...

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2022, 08:56:02 PM »
Update on MTB ridgy crystal cube w/ panda as discussed w/ a expert.  MTB is a New York company and one of 2 US companies w/ connections to China Mint.  MTB is similar to German company MDM.  MTB mainly a bulk distributor. Martin Weiss of PA did the retailing and wholesale.    Low value now but worth collecting, rare to see.  I have only seen 2 on ebay in years.   I do not know the year but probably early year.....