Author Topic: Central Reserve Bank WWII 500 Yuan notes  (Read 178 times)

Offline Scrimmers

• Trade Count: (0)
Central Reserve Bank WWII 500 Yuan notes
« on: January 06, 2022, 01:21:06 PM »
I’m going through my collection of Japanese Puppet bank notes from the 2nd Sino-Japanese War (or WW2) and using Pick (Standard Catalogue of World Paper Money) to put them in order and sort out the varies varieties. I’m looking in particular at 500 Yuan notes from the Central Reserve Bank of China and some have serial block letters, other serial numbers and some are different colours or even different shades of the same colours, and most have an underprint including an intricate engraved pattern known as a Guilloche. Some of these under-printed patterns appear to have differences in colour, clarity and sharpness, as well as small alteration in their design which are not fully explained or listed in the catalogues.

I’m intending to do some research and check examples of different notes to see if any patterns of production emerge or whether any differences are simply random in some way. This should keep me busy for some time I imagine, so before I start I thought I’d ask if anybody already knows anything about these or of any comments or articles previously written that I may be able to access.