Resources > Chinese Numismatic News, Articles, Books

Martin David Weiss, Now’s the Time to Speak

(1/4) > >>

PandaCollector:
CoinsWeekly honors Martin Weiss and his influence on the world of coins in its latest issue. The publisher wrote this note to subscribers (CoinsWeekly is free and highly recommended, by the way):

Thursday, November 26, 2020    ­
­   ­   ­
­   Dear Coin Enthusiasts all over the World,

being confronted with unpredictable officialdom in times of Covid-19 I do forget it sometimes: at the end of the day, it is people who keep our world running. It is people who can do good but also evil. They are fallible and fearful, courageous and generous, cautious and rash. People have the power to make my world hell or a paradise.

It isn’t states or bureaucracies, but people who move our world. People like Martin Weiss, the founder of Panda America and a major contributor to the international success of Chinese issues. I have never met him and I would have never known with how many wonderful motifs and ingenious ideas he inspired modern Chinese coinage if Peter Anthony hadn’t sent us the heart-warming obituary he wrote for his good friend.

When I read how this man used his skills to be successful in more than one career, not only am I impressed but also encouraged. For each and every one of us gets the chance to make a difference at some point. All you have to do is dare to take it when it comes.

Yours
Ursula Kampmann

https://coinsweekly.com/martin-david-weiss-nows-the-time-to-speak/

Happy Thanksgiving to all numismatists everywhere. I will always be thankful for a wonderful friend, Marty Weiss.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide`
Home of the Valentine Panda
www.pandacollector.com

pandamonium:
Outstanding article.    Lots of good history and information.     Even Alex Shagin had a impact on Chinese coins.   Clark has his 5 oz silver Dog listed and they are worth collecting.      What a good life Martin lived......

Clark Smith:
Did Marty design the 5oz dog ??

PandaCollector:

--- Quote from: Clark Smith on November 27, 2020, 08:21:14 PM ---Did Marty design the 5oz dog ??

--- End quote ---

Not that he ever mentioned to me.

Best wishes,
Peter Anthony
China Pricepedia — Chinese Coin Prices and More
The Gold & Silver Panda Coin Buyer’s Guide`
Home of the Valentine Panda
www.pandacollector.com

PandaAccumulator:
What a nice article. He is one of the most important persons in modern Chinese coinage and should be remembered.

Peter, An award with his name, in honor of him? Just an idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version