Features > Modern Chinese Medals

CATTE aluminum Feng Yunming set

(1/29) > >>

pandamonium:
China Ancient Traditional Technology Exhibition or CATTE....
Won it on ebay for a whopping $42, in my price range.     It went unnoticed......
Seller mailed it 8 days late and Canada to here may take a month, so not sure if it will show up......
Photos look like gilt but it is probably aluminum.....Only box w/ 6 medals i have ever seen and experts have same opinion......
Feng Yunming medals and the only aluminum.     At this point the rarest of Feng medals.....
Notice spelling of "Traditional".     Missing a "i" so it has got to be genuine Chinese......
First photos are of this set, the last two are of the 5 medal raw set i picked up on ebay about 2 yrs ago for dirt cheap.    The set has 4 medals obverse similar as Feng's Archaeological 12 silver set....   
The 5 raw set has the Camel and Dragon not seen on Archaeological set.......
Both purchases are from Canadian dealers.   I emailed many Canadian sellers w/ photos and no positive response....
Very rare set w/ big upside.    Be on the look out for it.    Maybe high future prices will bring them out of the woodwork?     Aluminum so probably considered a oddity and tossed in a trash can.      Rare Feng set........

pandamonium:
Photos of Feng's Archaeological 12 silver set and the 4 that match the CATTE aluminum set......Find the CATTE set!......

pandamonium:
Oops i forgot, probably 1980.    Not Taiwan.     Please post any information you can find as this is another MCC puzzle that must be solved.......
Rarest Feng set?........

pandamonium:
Let me clarify this post.    The Archaeological 12 silver set was posted just to compare photos to the CATTE aluminum medals......

The goal is to learn more about the aluminum CATTE medals/set.    Also members here and collectors elsewhere would like to own these CATTE medals.    By posting, maybe another set or some individual CATTE medals will be found.    It would be interesting to see how they would bid on ebay.    My guess is that they should bring a high price now that we know they are Feng's.    Do not think NGC has graded these medals.    I have no intentions of sending in my medals to NGC as it would take a long time to grade.   If you know of anyone that owns these medals please let me know, post here or put them on ebay.      We have very little information at this point.     For now, the CATTE aluminum medals could be the rarest of Feng Yunming medals.    Mintage/surviving pop is probably very tiny...... Please look for them as the price reward could be very good......Any information would be greatly appreciated.....

pandamonium:
Another curveball.     Set w/ box & 6 medals came in the mail.    It is NOT aluminum like my previous 5 medals.    Same size and design as aluminum.   They are gilt silver or gilt brass.     Heavy medals w/ sharp rim edges.     Set was in a safe since new so UNC.    No fingerprints.    Gorgeous set w/ like new box, purple interior w/ gilt medals.     Have emailed a few collectors/dealers, NGC and waiting on reply.    No COA, dang it.     Will take more photos and weight in a few days.     The gilt may have low spots and the medals looks like silver underneath but not sure.   Non metallic.   Hopes of solving this may take some more time.......At this point a very rare Feng set.....wish information would come out but probably 1980 so there maybe little if any information....Keep a eye out for these medals/sets.......

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version