Author Topic: Yong Yuan Co. tokens  (Read 4650 times)

Offline KONDi

• Trade Count: (+6)
Yong Yuan Co. tokens
« on: October 02, 2015, 09:13:12 AM »
Here is another pair about which I don't have any information till now.

The only thing I know is that this is Yong Yuan Company.
They company issued at least 2 tokens. One is 20 cents (2 jiao) brass token, which I have seen only 2 pieces so far (except the one on the picture here) and the other and the only piece which I have seen is this silver example of token with chopmark on the other side which means the name of the issuer of the token.

I think the silver token was issued in 1920s to early 1930s, and those 2 pieces (2 jiao and silver one) are gambling tokens. The silver token does have denomination. Interesting, isn't it?

These tokens are also not listed in any known books about SH tokens... N20
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com
Chopmark Collectors Club member 368 (CCC)
Shanghai Token Society member 3 (STS)

Offline KONDi

Re: Yong Yuan Co. tokens
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 10:25:05 AM »
It's been nearly 4 years since I wrote something here...

Recently I found two pictures of 20 cents from Yong Yuan Co.

It's very interesting to see black enamel, which I believe was the original patina on jiao old Shanghai token.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
  • Trade Count: (0)
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2020, 08:00:06 AM »
Years ago, KONDI was once a member and a token expert.     Back then tokens were not taken seriously.    Where are you KONDI?

1939 5C MS 63 bus token      $1,173 SOLD bids     ebay 333720943291      big price

KONDI was right all along, it took time for tokens to rise in value.     $1,173?   Who would have ever thought these prices would arrive?.....

Offline KONDi

« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2020, 11:24:28 AM »
Dear pandemonium,

Of course I was right, it was just matter of time when Old Shanghai tokens will rise. I was watching this auction actually and I was wondering how high it can go when the same seller on ebay sold similar 5 cents only bus goes right PCGS MS62 for 710 USD. So these tokens are rising now and prices are 3-4 more times what it was 5 years ago.

I hope I am still a member of this great platform. I miss you guys too!
Actually, from time to time I am able to open this China-mint but in China VPN is a must to open foreign websites and I don't have one.

Many old and new members wrote to me and I am sorry I wasn't able to answer because access to the website is difficult for me and also a lot of work. If someone wants to ask me about my opinion and have some Yuan Shih Kai silver dollar or old Shanghai token. You can scan QR code and add me on Wechat. So who wants some old Shanghai token contact me. Add me on wechat is the best option at the moment.

- KONDi (2020.09.21) 11:23 Beijing time - I am still here, didn't get kill by COViD yet! N16

KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2020, 05:17:47 PM »
Great to see you are back KONDI.    I had no clue how high in value these tokens would go.    You knew the score years ago.
Back then, not many of us could see the value in tokens but we do now...

Looked at my records and will dig out my Chinese junk boxes.   Due to your posts i picked up these tokens...
1930's bus token
brass telephone token
Shanghai LGO Co LTD tokens  maybe 3
Do not know condition yet but i got them for very cheap way back when.     May have others packed away from about 9 to 10 yrs ago.    Will have a look into the boxes soon and maybe post photos...

Your past posts/photos were very valuable so i can compare what i have to them, then ask questions....  ($1,173 SOLD!!, wow)

I do not have smart phone, just computer and Wechat will eventually be outlawed in the US.    Sunday was last day but court put in a injunction so i think it still works for now...

Offline KONDi

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2020, 03:12:04 AM »
I am happy to be back too. I wish this great forum works here in China better. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't.

Show me what you got there in your Chinese junk box. I might buy something to my collection.

Anyway, thanks for nice talking and let's see I can make some new post in the near future.

Best wishes from China N39,

KONDi, 2020.09.22, 15:11 local Beijing time
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com

Offline pandamonium

• Supporter
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2020, 11:10:25 PM »
1912 AU 55 Token  copper?   $1,564  SOLD     another big price

KONDI, i may have a pair of these same design.    If i remember correctly there was a post of these horse tokens being fakes.  Did they fake these tokens?    They were once very cheap so it seems like a long shot fakes were made.......

Offline KONDi

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2020, 11:19:32 AM »
pandemonium,

Yes, In China they are making tons of fakes these Szechuan tokens with horse design. These tokens are very expensive. The best to buy them in PCGS or NGC slabs. Otherwise I wouldn't buy them.

I am not playing with Szechuan tokens or Changzhou tokens. Many very high quality fakes are made here.
KONDi
cfrost1984@gmail.com