Forum Information & Support > Announcements

backup and restore

(1/1)

snowball:
Hi All

A mistake was made yesterday on removing some of barsenault's posts causing many broken conversations and confusions.   In order to get those posts back to their original threads, I made a full server backup and restore.  The latest server backup was done on 3am yesterday.  Therefore, after the restore, all data added to the forum after 3am yesterday, 9/12, were lost.  I sincerely apologized about that. 

Upon barsenault and andrewlee10's requests, I have deleted their accounts from the forum permanently.  I am also going to remove their posts manually, only if the removal of those posts wouldn't break any conversations.

best regards,

snowball

KeepOnTrying!:

--- Quote from: snowball on September 13, 2015, 11:51:06 AM ---Hi All

A mistake was made yesterday on removing some of barsenault's posts causing many broken conversations and confusions.   In order to get those posts back to their original threads, I made a full server backup and restore.  The latest server backup was done on 3am yesterday.  Therefore, after the restore, all data added to the forum after 3am yesterday, 9/12, were lost.  I sincerely apologized about that. 

Upon barsenault and andrewlee10's requests, I have deleted their accounts from the forum permanently.  I am also going to remove their posts manually, only if the removal of those posts wouldn't break any conversations.

best regards,

snowball

--- End quote ---

Looks like we have to repost materials from the last 24 hours or so! Important for the coin sales pages to be reposted too!

PandaOrLunar:
Was any differential, incremental, or other type of backup done where the administrator can restore the last 24 hours so users do not need to be involved?

SANDAC:

--- Quote from: KeepOnTrying! on September 13, 2015, 01:36:11 PM ---Looks like we have to repost materials from the last 24 hours or so! Important for the coin sales pages to be reposted too!

--- End quote ---
Also remember the PM of the last 24 hours are also lost, so be sure to re-Do your PM.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version